AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: September 27, 2026 4:25 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Curves that don't work

Field evidence gets a high priority for sure, but when fitting the curve to it I generally like to hold the radius if I can -- it's the one dimension ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA HUD Certification

> I pointed out that while I would walk across a site and never spot the visible evidence, a trained archaeologist would see the pottery shards.If ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA HUD Certification

> Check with your professional liability insurance carrier before you sign this thing guys. Your fanny will be hanging pretty far out in the breez...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA HUD Certification

Be sure to add an extra fee for the HUD cert. I've found HUD reviewers to be very picky, causing lots of correspondence, phone calls and revisions.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Buried in the pavement

> So we selected what we though would be the safest spot and buried it a foot down.I've done it, too, but only when there's no better option availa...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Knock Knock - Plat Amendment

> I might feel comfortable will either process if I was the original surveyor. Not being I don't see how someone can. I don't either. I'd advise m...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Buried in the pavement

> Never figured out why the rest of the country puts them right in the middle of the roadThe "why" is easy -- in most subdivisions, if you can nail...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Buried in the pavement

PhoneThat phone looks like the one that's in my kitchen:It came from the house I grew up in -- I took it with me when my Dad sold the place in 1972.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Buried in the pavement

Thanks for the link, Nate! I've reposted it to the CLSA board, crediting you with the find. The piece describes the situation we face in many jurisd...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting old..."surveyors shoulder"

> bad knees from hidden holes and speed barkWhat's speed bark? I've never run across the term before.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting super-annuated sucks...

Yeah, aging can be pretty unkind. I get a lot more tired now from work that never used to bother me, especially in hot weather. The best defense, in...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Recent NGS (non) Recoveries

Looks like you've got a bit of subsidence going on near the first one.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Night Shot

> Nice workmanship. How did you mark the scale lines so nicely - special fixturing or just a steady hand with a chisel or scribe?Special fixturing...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Night Shot

> Interesting tool, Jim. Nicely made. How do you use it? Not with a total station, right? I use it to brace the prism pole. Walk up to the poi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Night Shot

> It's not just the bubble, though, Jim. You can have a 10 minute bullseye bubble, but if the bubble is out of adjustment, the 10 minute feature i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Night Shot

>I wouldn't trust a bullseye bubble for much better than 0.02'Depends on the bubble. Most prism poles are fitted with 40-minute bubbles, and they'...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Dangerous goods - Lithium-Ion batteries

As of May 16, any lithium-based battery -- even cell phone batteries -- are prohibited in international mail to or from the U.S.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Hiper battery help TTT

> And Kudos to Topcon for making a top notch product that the small guys can afford."And Kudos to Javad for making a top notch product that Topcon ...

14 years ago
Page 330 / 374