AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

I'm taking 5-minute observations, just one per mark. I have to visit each mark 3 times, but with a minimum 3-hour time-of-day separation, and at leas...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

"Screen brightness setting will be in Windows, not in Access." I just checked, I changed the settings in Windows. The screen is supposed to go off af...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

I did change some setting or another to reduce screen brightness, but it didn't seem to offer many options. Maybe I'm not looking on the right place....

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 47
Views: 4850
Reply
RE: OPUS Down?

It's back up now. 🙂

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Down?

I'm still getting a Service Unavailable message, both on my desktop and my phone. 🙁

2 years ago
Topic
2 years ago
Replies: 4
Views: 579
Reply
RE: Legacy GPS

There is if the file is too large -- OPUS will reject it. This can happen with 1-second RINEX files.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

"What is your response when a big firm, from across the country, wants to hire you to do a big ALTA/NSPS survey for one of their big clients in your a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

It looks to me like it says "existing graves."

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1130
Reply
RE: Pinout question for a Wild T2002.

I think Leica has been pretty consistent across its successive models, at least as far as power goes. With that in mind, you might find the attached ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8-2 issues (Parts and Service)

I can vouch for Kargo-Tech, I bought a keypad from them. They're in Hong Kong, and my order was handled promptly. Shipping via mail took about 2 wee...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1255
Reply
RE: Witness Corner Disguise

What was holding the bollard upright? There doesn't appear to be any of it sticking in the ground.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FREE Total Stations & GPS Receivers

Shipping will be expensive, but there might still be some interest. Photos would be helpful.

3 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Scale Bars on plats

SOP here. Required in many cases, just plain good practice in the rest. I use an AutoLISP function to generate the scale bar as an anonymous block, ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

One-man crew isn't for everyone, to be sure. I think it works best for solo operations like mine, where I don't have to take on a job that's too iffy...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Sometimes It Takes A Little Extra Effort

The hole saw was nothing special, just a good-quality (Milwaukee, as I recall) high-speed steel one. The nearest bolts holding down the grate were a c...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Base Station Battery drain

"I sat with our radio shop and talked with the FCC gal, and we weren’t restricted by any output amplitudes, only the range of frequency and the lengt...

3 years ago
Page 14 / 374