AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Best practice to measure GNSS Antenna Height used with tripod?

I pretty much never put an antenna on an adjustable tripod, but for those rare occasions when I have no other choice, I go slant height. I keep one o...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects Down?

It looks like they got the problem sorted out -- I just received the emails from the 4 adjustments I submitted yesterday.

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1108
Reply
RE: Linked In

I'm on the far, far other side of the business from guys like James Fleming. One-man show, mostly public agency and attorney clients, most jobs (thou...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GVX: Access vs. TBC

"You can edit the XSL style sheet that Access uses for the export." Good to know, but too late for this project. I finished the field work yesterday,...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GVX: Access vs. TBC

'You would probably have to download the raw gnss obs data for each private cors and run it into OPUS, and then it might work “normally”.' That's the ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GVX: Access vs. TBC

The bases are part of a private VRS -- they're not NCN CORS, so they're likely not familiar to anyone who doesn't use that network.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GVX: Access vs. TBC

The differences are mostly what I expected -- notably, the Access export uses <REFERENCE_FRAME> instead of <REFERENCE_SYSTEM> throughout, ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GVX: Access vs. TBC

That was quick! I'm looking through it now, will report back on what I find. Thanks!

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 2310
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

"There’s already multi-GNSS support for certain beta products" GVX support is no longer in beta, it's in production in OPUS Projects. And it's inhere...

2 years ago
Topic
2 years ago
Replies: 11
Views: 1421
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

"I know for static it is highly recommended to orient the antenna correctly as opus projects and opus now use the absolute antenna calibration files. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

"Were there any recommendations when doing rtk with the GVS files in doing this." I don't recall whether or not antenna orientation is explicitly ment...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

"Perhaps they made such a recommendation at one time but I’m not sure that is the current thinking." Current thinking is reflected in the draft NOS N...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

Turning the screen brightness down solved my power problem -- I'm now getting through even long workdays with battery to spare. The dealer offered to ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

"He’s saying the Trimble people told him that despite being stationary for xxx epochs of RTK measurements, only the last (best?) measurement is being ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

I'm not sure what he's saying.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Poor Precisions

"I guess you are doing the obs to submit to OPUS projects." Yes, and running into all sorts of glitches with the GVX files coming out of Access, plus ...

2 years ago
Page 13 / 374