AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Sometimes It Takes A Little Extra Effort

Not sure why my photos came in so low-res, so trying again. (The datasheet photo is at full resolution, which isn't very high.)

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 789
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Specify PRS?

"Before going out down load and process static between the two or 3 stations holding the NCN station." OPUS Projects will take care of that for me, I ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access - Specify PRS?

I can't use single-base, I have to have NRTK vectors. I guess I'll take whatever the VRS gives me. I just thought it would be better to have all ve...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 3698
Reply
RE: Trimble R8-2 issues (Parts and Service)

My R8-3 seems to work fine except that I can't turn it off from the keypad. No matter how long I press the power button, nothing happens. I have to ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Help opus

FYI, I just saw this and sent a file off to OPUS. It processed fine and returned results within about 10 minutes.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Monument between fences

Every situation is different, it seems. Last week I had to remove 3 fence boards in order to set a corner monument. I replaced the boards when I was...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8 Features

Age is another factor. I found that the on/off button on mine has become an "on" button only - I have to pull the battery to shut it off. I can hold...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8 Features

Thanks to a tip from Glenn Borkenhagen, I was able to install firmware v4.44 without having to do the warranty renewal thing. The receiver now knows ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8 Features

I picked up the R8 today to check it out. The good news is that it's an R8-3. The bad news is that the firmware needs to be updated to account for l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Cheap Trimble GPS

Yes, I have a bunch of 4000SSi and a couple of 4000SSe units that I sometimes put into service. These devices are old enough now that I've had some e...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8 Features

I'm still negotiating the contract, but I'm planning to accomplish it using the NGS-92 RTN draft guidelines.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8 Features

Excellent tips, thanks!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R8 Features

"And one last thought, the GVX export stylesheet sits as part of the optional Access English Help and Language Pack. You will need that installed on t...

3 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 2157
Page 15 / 374