AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: Career crossroads

Amen. Union pensions can evaporate if industry conditions change dramatically, or if the pension is mismanaged (corruptly or otherwise). Local gover...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Are there still surveyors that don't use drones?

The drone thing is certainly interesting, but for my situation (solo operator approaching retirement with only a fraction of projects that would benef...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Mini Prism vs. Standard Prism and Prism Tilt

The reason I use the GMP101 all the time is because I usually set control as I go, even when most of my shots are for topo. I have a GRZ4 that I neve...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Mini Prism vs. Standard Prism and Prism Tilt

Do as you like, but I use a GMP101 for pretty much everything. I rarely carry topo shots more than 500' -- there's too much elevation error in long s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Appropriate procedure or not

What if you need that corner for your survey and there isn't a monument there anymore? Is it okay to reset it at your calculated position, showing yo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Appropriate procedure or not

Here's a thought exercise: You tied a section corner monument into a tight control network (solid equipment and procedures, redundant ties, least squ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech Promark 2 Issue

I'm afraid I can't be of assistance -- I sold my PM2s years ago, and haven't had any Ashtech software for at least a decade. Any insight into Ashtech...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Truck Size

I'm glad I'm not in the market for a new truck. I'm still driving a 2008 Tundra 2WD SR5 regular cab with 8' bed, 5.7L V8 and towing package, and it's...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Multiple lots, same plat number, the lots changed over the years, need advice

I just filed a Record of Survey on a lot in a Parcel Map (CA-speak for a small subdivision). The Parcel Map consists of 6 lots from a prior Final Map...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know How the OPUS Queue Works?

Thanks for the explanation! I didn't go over 50 that day, I don't think, so I expect I was in the regular queue. I just happened to be submitting wh...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know How the OPUS Queue Works?

I appear to be on the OPUS good-guy list this evening. The queue graphic has shown a backup all day, but tonight the dozens of files I submitted have...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know How the OPUS Queue Works?

I've certainly been giving the OPUS Projects team a lot of headaches over the last few months, but I didn't think that's the issue. My solutions hav...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know How the OPUS Queue Works?

No luck. As of 10:26 a.m. EDT there are 62 completed and 98 waiting. I wonder what's going on?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know How the OPUS Queue Works?

It's now 1:15 a.m. EDT (stats started over at midnight), and we're at 490/54. *Maybe* I'll get my results by morning...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone Know How the OPUS Queue Works?

An hour and 40 minutes after my last post, the numbers now show 4347 completed and 23 waiting. I'm beginning to get the idea that the "waiting" numbe...

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 1954
Reply
RE: Payment Processing Platforms recommendations

A client recently asked if they could pay me via Zelle. I said "Sure!" and the client did a test transfer of $1.00 to make sure they had my Zelle con...

2 years ago
Page 11 / 374