AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jhframe
jhframe
@jim-frame
Member Founder, Sustainer
Joined: July 1, 2010 10:44 am
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Topics: 465 / Replies: 7012
Reply
RE: That will teach me

The attorneys laughed a lot harder.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: That will teach me

I got a bill from the IRS once for 11¢.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Lazer Printed Lath??

For the record: the word "laser" is an acronym for "light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation." No Zs are involved.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Angle Iron as corners

Angle iron monuments aren't common around here, but they do show up now and then. Below is a snippet from a 1962 Record of Survey. The same monument...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Angle Iron as corners

As Calvin said to Hobbes, "Verbing weirds language."

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Angle Iron as corners

I measure to the intersection of the leg centerlines rather than the outside or inside angle point (common angle iron doesn't actually have an inside ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: USGS Historical Topo Maps Not Working

It started working again. Slow, but functional. Thanks, all!

2 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 1930
Reply
RE: GS14 lost hook how do I do a measure up

Leica uses the term Mechanical Reference Plane (MRP) instead of the more common (in the U.S., anyway) Antenna Reference Point (ARP). In the case of t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: radar is missing

He's active on the Javad support site.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: My latest find / toy

I think I may have looked at removing them at one point, but if I *did* figure out how to do it I've long since forgotten what I learned. 🙁 Thinki...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GS18 Firmware issues

I don't know about Leica, but Trimble has been inconsistent in this regard. I have a couple of R8 receivers: an R8 and an R8-3. I was given the R...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: BOIR

It's worth noting that if you operate as a sole proprietor or (probably) a general partnership, you're not required to submit a BOIR. There are a bu...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Choke ring antenna vs ground plane?

Fabric? Can you clarify? I used to use Microcentered and Compact L1/L2 antennas with the big ground planes for GPS (only) static work, but about 10...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Choke ring antenna vs ground plane?

A choke ring is better at rejecting multipath and may have a slightly better S/N ratio, but unless you're doing very long sessions (i.e. an infrastruc...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Precision Levelling

If vibrations are the concern, then it seems to me that the instrument question isn't optical versus digital, it's automatic leveling versus manual le...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Leveling staff

It's been well over 20 years since I bought a Philly rod, but the last one I bought (Leitz) was disappointing. The graduations were kind of fuzzy, an...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: New Member

I mean their subscription-only strategy probably makes sense for corporate operations with multiple seats, but for the solo operator like me who doesn...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: New Member

The core functions of AutoCAD haven't changed much since my first introduction to R9. They've added many useful things -- and many more not-so-useful...

2 years ago
Page 10 / 374