Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 10, 2026 7:34 pm
Near as I can tell (and with only limited experience), with a VRS the vector data from the PRS (the hardware CORS) to the rover is available to Trimbl...
A note about ACH: I don't have contracts with any payment processing services, but several of my institutional clients pay by ACH. All I had to do w...
Nice video, very informative, especially for those of us who don't offer scanning services but want to stay abreast of what's out there so we know how...
"Levelling is becoming a lost art. There are many PCs and even some PLSs who have never done it." I recently sold my DNA03 and Invar rod. I hadn't us...
P.S. I just looked, the last big one I did was in 2012, about 126,000 acres. P.P.S. I have an on-call contract with my local LAFCo and check most (a...
No field work required. The description must adhere to SBE requirements, but no actual measurements are necessary. What I've done with large annexa...
Before I spent any time figuring out the best way to scan the inverts I'd ask the client what they actually want and need. If the answer comes back "...
Geosetter is great, thanks for the heads-up! I rely on photos on most jobs for details. Field notes are essential, but a picture is still worth a th...
They slipped a decimal point. $5k is more like it if a Record of Survey is required. Where I am county fees along are about $1200, and in a neighbor...
Ever since Javad died it seems that aggressive pursuit of innovation and customer service has nearly died. There's still some support available, but ...
Have you explored the possibility of getting the public agency to formalize the vacation? That would eliminate problem *and* the considerable liabili...
I edited the XML file awhile back, and I think it worked at the time, but today I'm getting the "invalid leap seconds" message again. 🙁
To paraphrase an old business saying, "Nobody ever got fired for buying Dell." I used to look for ways to get more bang for the buck when buying works...
"It really doesn’t have an Outlook analog, which is an issue." I've never used Outlook, so maybe I don't know what I'm missing. Thunderbird is my pre...
"just buy Office 365 and be compatible with literally every other company or agency you deal with?" Define "compatible." I can receive, open, modify ...
I use LibreOffice for everything *except* my business database, which I started in MS Access in 1993. For some reason the LO database app (Base) stru...
"For those that strictly use a fixed height rod, is that only on a hard surface or do you compensate somehow if you have to push feet into the ground?...
Regarding OPUS Projects, it doesn't process any GNSS observables directly, only vectors. Observable data has to be run through OPUS first, then OP ca...
It looks like my information is stale. I'll have to try it out!
"There is an OPUS-BETA site that uses multi-constellation data, but for now it only comes in the “Static” flavor." The beta site only uses GPS observa...