AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
jflamm
jflamm
@jflamm
Free
Joined: November 28, 2018 3:24 pm
Last seen: September 21, 2026 12:24 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 362
Reply
RE: Are there still surveyors that don't use drones?

I've been flying since 2017. I could not imagine not having drones in the toolbox now. The LiDAR payloads are getting pretty good. You'd be astonis...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: The new NavVis MLX - Review

We have the VLX II and like it a lot. The data is processed online in NavVis IVION. I tried to login to my account and get some screenshots of thing...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Bridge Deformation Study

I've never seen or used it in anything other than Star*Net. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist in some other software program. I wouldn't perform a monit...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips & Tricks for field technicians

Don't be afraid to ask questions. One leg up, two legs down on the slope. Take care of all of your equipment. Make good clean notes and sketches be...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Air Travel & Carrying Equipment

We've shipped our stuff before and picked it up when we got there. The last trip to San Antonio, we found a great company (G4, right by the airport) ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Innovation in the industry?

Using our VLX 2 for interior building scanning is a game changer. If it requires a bit more accuracy, we will pull out the RTC360. The time differen...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Point Layout Software for 3D Models

We just started with Trimble Fieldlink and so far I have been pretty impressed with it. You can load 3D models and stake anything. Using it on the T10...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Captivate - Survey Stylesheet

At a previous employment, we had a software savvy intern create just a style sheet in Trimble Access. When we would perform our yearly USACE dam or l...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

@Norman_Oklahoma I know Illinois is about to go from 3 zones to like 30 in the near future. I thought Missouri was about to do the same thing. Just ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

Oh boy...you better take some extra precautions before you get yourself in the ringer. I would be checking to existing improvements before I take off ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Bust

Is anyone else having the same issue? Have you talked to the survey company? Just have them double check their data. Tell them you're having troubl...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Traversing after free station

Depends on what you're doing. Are the two points you're resecting from good known control? Are you checking a third independent point? Are you just sh...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Siteworks Closed Traverse

First of all, thanks for posting about Siteworks as we are looking to move from iCON to this. This gives me a heads up for sure! Anyway, I'm thinking ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Fourth time’s a charm.

Wouldn't the original section corner have corner documents associated with it? Even the knucklehead who set another section corner 30' away would hav...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

I feel that the Certified Survey Technician program doesn't get enough love and it could be a good test of mentorship for the non-degree person. Coul...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

MO upped their requirements when the pass/fail rates were getting bad. I'm guessing that too many applicants were getting their experience sign-off v...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 4 year degree requirement

Chris mentioned above about how most surveyors are going back to school part time after they've begun work and maybe even started a family. I wonder ...

3 years ago
Page 2 / 19