AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: The evil word...

> I would have to ask some on this board if they know difference between a Mapper and a Professional Land Surveyor> > The mapper simply shows...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: The evil word...

JBS> Personally, I have no problem expressing my professional opinion if a neighbors improvements encroach upon the land of another. My opinion is...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: The evil word...

> ENCROACHMENT.> > > Why do surveyors avoid using that word on a map?> > If one has done the necessary research, located enough boun...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Not my favourite retailer

About ten years ago I traded in my Mises and Hayak for Chesterton and Belloc and never looked back. For me personally, I found a certain lack of huma...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Degree requirements

If I was declared License Requirement CzarI think I'd go with:1.) Four year surveying degree; take FS the spring of your senior year, four years exper...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Degree requirements

Oops, missed oneNorth Dakota(3) All other land surveying applicants not qualifying underparagraphs 1 and 2 must satisfy the following requirements:(a)...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Degree requirements

UtahWhat about comity applicants without a degree?I compose my list a few years back based on the comity requirements in the event I snap and head for...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Degree requirements

Last I checked:MaineNew HampshireVermontMassachusettsRhode IslandConnecticutNew YorkPennsylvaniaMarylandVirginiaDelawareNorth CarolinaTennesseeKentuck...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Platted lot easements

Sometimes government regulation makes life soooo much easier; for example when the definition of front, side, and rear lines for planning and developm...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Training Young Civil Engineers

Train in VainThat's in my iPod as well; I played harp in a poor excuse for a blues band for the few months between when I quit college and when I told...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Not my favourite retailer

Wal-Mart's total revenue last year: 421.849 billion; net income 16.993 billion.Any fines they may pay are already factored into their overhead as a bu...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Hard time finding monuments

"13 degrees 7.5 minutes to the East"Obviously you weren't on vacation in Austin, that level of precision just don't fly down there 😉

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Training Young Civil Engineers

Train in Vain(Embedding disabled)

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Training Young Civil Engineers

You can train them?Sometimes (and it depends on the discipline)A few years ago when I was working at a "big box design firm" a fresh outta college Lan...

15 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 584
Page 263 / 287