AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 5, 2026 6:09 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 518
Reply
RE: Expert Witness

> Without asking for specifics, what do you guys charge for expert witness testimony compared to your fee for a 2 man crew?Twice my hourly rate (th...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: data storage

That's what I do. If you looked in one of my project folders you'd see sub-folders for:DrawingsPoint FilesRaw Files Deed ScansCorrespondencePicturesEt...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: data storage

> Does anyone put all the files for each project into a sort of master folder? Maybe make a few folders within the Autocad directory for the proje...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Some words of inspiration....

I understand it in the context of the time it was written. Unfortunate it's difficult to keep historical writings used in the modern age free from mod...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Wanted - Survey Management Books

> Now I can feel the nudge for me to get more involved with the local marketing, and I am very excited about it. It might not happen for another ...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Railroad R.O.W.

> I'm sorry, but if you are stupid enough to get run over by a train, you are improving the gene pool.I knew a surveyor who was killed 25 feet off ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Wanted - Survey Management Books

> Dan Beardslee's articles from Professional Surveyor and American Surveyor are archived on their sites. So are Ed Bergeron's. He was one of my mai...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Wanted - Survey Management Books

> That's probably a better way to say it than what I did James. :-)I'm sitting here finishing up a proposal for a year long consulting project wit...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Wanted - Survey Management Books

> What you find with younger employees is the need for autonomy. This is difficult for many "old hands" to get and even harder to implement. Howe...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Some words of inspiration....

> One of my favorites from A.C.:> > "For after all, when it comes to a question of the stability of property and the peace of the community, ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Wanted - Survey Management Books

1. Subscribe to CE News, at least half of every issue is on business management. And it's owned and published by Zweig White, probably the top managem...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Survey work in Belgium #31 (pics)

> I know being a 'safe' surveyor you will have your breathing gear on when entering manholes.+1Ypres and poison gas historically go hand in hand

14 years ago
Reply
RE: better or worse? 2012 vs 2011

Glad (uh I guess) to see it's a regional thing and not just my personality rubbing potential clients the wrong way.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: surveying Job offer on CL

> However, for the record, "xxxxxxxxx does offer a benefits package."Hmmmm...I seem to have a reading comprehension problem today. Feel free to ign...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: surveying Job offer on CL

> 1. This post should be filed under employment.> > 2. Candidates need to know where in the world "XXXXXXxxxxxx" is located.My guess is that ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: better or worse? 2012 vs 2011

Worse, and not just for my business. My wife works for an HVAC company that specializes in geothermal; their billings are down $100,000 from this time...

14 years ago
Page 239 / 287