AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
james-fleming
james-fleming
@james-fleming
Free
Joined: July 2, 2010 7:42 am
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:00 am
Topics: 289 / Replies: 5448
Reply
RE: Edmonton

My understanding is that it is much more difficult for a technician to get a work permit than a licensed professional due to the specific employment p...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How tight should a radius in a subdivision be?

There are pluses and minuses to working in a large metropolitan area; one of the pluses is that, generally, you interact with professionals rather tha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: this was showed up as a topic of conversation this week

> I won't be satisfied until I see a shovel in that monkey's hands.Do you know how long it takes for one monkey to dig up a point cloud? You're go...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How tight should a radius in a subdivision be?

> If anyone could tell me what the reason is for this regulation, I may be able to ask for an exception. What I've been told by planners (so take t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA

> "... average hourly billable rate of $78 per hour."> > For a 2-person crew?! You can't be serious! Even with no benefits at all that is abs...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: How tight should a radius in a subdivision be?

> As an aside: you are entering into the realm of engineering...Maryland lets us play in their sandbox:(k) Practice land surveying. -- (1) "Pract...

12 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Gridline Layout Advice

> I'm still warming up to the Leica Robot. I'm sure over time I'll get more and more comfy. Luckily we havn't been asked to do any steel layout l...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica - I've come full circle

> One issue is that once you get one piece of Leica equipment, you end up having to switch a lot of things for compatibility....The Swiss Miss is a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Navigable Waters

> I just can't imagine how anyone can say with a straight face that any water in which you could float a toothpick is navigable. Unless someone wa...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: San Antonio

Sort of a hijack, and I wish you the best in your search, but the fact that past experience led you to feel the need to add >I will not do negligen...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Restriction Enforcement

> But who sues? The other party/parties to the contractAny person entitled to benefit under a restrictive covenant is entitled to sue to enforce it...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: VT 50th and NESS IV conference Sept 10- Sept 12

>Who else will be attending?How about who wishes they were attending?DC:Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 87. Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Autodesk Reseller?

One plus in the CADD Microsystems column (as far as I'm concerned) is that I went to school from 4th to 12th grade with the owner. 😉

12 years ago
Reply
RE: management tool

> I would not want to use that system.Even if it were the most efficient management system known to man, I'd still refuse to use it based solely on...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Autodesk Reseller?

We use a regional reseller but almost went with a national reseller this last renewal. We're a pretty good sized firm, so our main concern is support ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 1st Renewal Cycle

If I remember correctly, Maryland continuing education requirements kick in on the second renewal after initial licensure.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA's

> One thing they tend to do is say they will send all lot of business my way if I just come down on my estimate-you know like half price. lolI do h...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA's

Investment firms and hedge funds have been moving into the purchase of farm and range land for the last few years. Their lenders councils are used to...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Galileo

Love this part from the linked article:So far, we have used the US GPS (Global Positioning System) which is accurate up to a few metres. Galileo has t...

12 years ago
Page 173 / 287