Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 9, 2026 10:20 am
@holy-cow I don't want to hi-jack this post, but... What I find interesting here is how state laws differ. Are you saying that if this was your ass...
I got a Trupulse 360i demo unit and thoroughly tested it. Calibration was the manual calibration for the unit (various shots in specific orientations)...
@lurker Perfect, hah! My clap-a-90 is only good to about 0.17 degrees...but I am out of practice.
@john-putnam That would work, but we are wanting something more like a "mobile total station" setup.
@field-dog This setup is intended for general 2D topographic mapping. My understanding is that the DISTO mounts to the GPS rod, and the offset—defi...
I am accepting the word is "tempy" an abbreviation for temporary. I am not used to seeing this - most others for this area just said "set 1/4 sec post...
@bstrand No, average is not anything I've seen before around here either.
@bill93 I might buy your explanation for restting the "temporary" stake. Was not aware of the last letter raised for abbreviation issue - good to...
@mightymoe No, we won't find 210 year old post or witness trees here. We are interested in the section and qtr. section line lengths, which we can...
@bstrand Temporary is one theory here. But if it is "temporary" going east on the random line, why would it be "temporary" (same word) when comin...
@jmcnicholspls would have been around 1815
Under promise, over perform; honest work; hard work; professional work. Yes, these are all good things and are of paramount focus in all aspects of o...
Normally I would have held the fence corner posts following principles of practical location, apparent acquiescence, long-standing occupation and Cool...
@bstrand Playing devil's advocate here - what is your professional responsibility to observe the long-standing occupation? Have not all parties acq...
@bstrand The aliquot parts in this case are the SW Qtr of the NW Qtr, 5 acres off the south side of the NW Qtr of the NW Qtr, 8 acres off the west s...
So you just setup the connection as a serial cable? Match dip switches for channel selection? Do you use upgraded antennas? What is power consumption ...