AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 11:05 pm
Topics: 2296 / Replies: 23720
Reply
RE: Get your final product perfect before it leaves your office in any form

I am here to announce that the perfectionist did a perfect job of screwing up. A survey I had reviewed a couple of weeks ago was rejected by the Reg...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Knowing how to look

One of those stones that have numerous estimates as to where the center is located. Hint: All guesses are correct.

1 month ago
Reply
RE: What's wrong with this picture??

@jerry-attrick We were doing a boundary survey for a cement plant in the mid-90s and were required to wear hard hats. A bird pooping was the only ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Still there…

Nearly 40 years ago I was tucked away snuggly in bed reflecting back on the day's work. BAM I knew I knew I must get out of bed, get redressed and ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Disturbing a boundary stone is more than just a lifetime of punishment.

@mightymoe Found many stones. The whittling of notches simply didn't catch on.

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Disturbing a boundary stone is more than just a lifetime of punishment.

Maybe twice in over 40 years did a find a stone with notches.

1 month ago
Topic
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

A far superior solution is to do the job correctly in the first place. Tolerance for sloppiness should be rewarded with termination of those who can'...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

@mightymoe 🤣 🤣 Apparently you are 101 percent correct. We can measure anything------except the correct number. And, at the same ...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

@rankin_file This drives me nuts when a simple rectangular tract with no constraints appears as: Commencing at the southeast corner of Section XX;...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Straighten out the west line and it'll be good

Side story about the realtor. Actually, she is only a real estate salesperson and has kept that as a hobby for at least 35 years. The managing broke...

1 month ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Now I really want one

Those used to appear from time to time shooting out of the grain auger on the combine dumping the crop into a trailer. We could do an internal inspec...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: North Arrow of the Day

@gary_g Bearings to the nearest degree. That alone could shock those who believe we must be able to measure a gnat's ass.

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Help! Carolina boy don't speak California

@norman-oklahoma And, no matter the value of that land, the survey needs to be as cheap as possible. Otherwise, the surveyor is a crook stealing m...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: Help! Carolina boy don't speak California

Oh, boy. I learned to hate calls to split "the family estate". Even if the heirs are not just friendly but thrilled to be siblings, there will be ha...

1 month ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crew Fun

@williwaw I remember that kind of experience from my days of working for a large consulting firm contracted to the Department of the Army. This wa...

1 month ago
Page 5 / 1301