Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 2, 2026 11:05 pm
My wife covered such a call for me on Monday. Someone called looking to get a quote on a survey. She gave them a company to call. They then said th...
I get those for my 160 acres in the panhandle of Oklahoma routinely. Absolutely ridiculously low offers.
I shared this discussion with a fellow engineer/surveyor. He responded by telling of their project several years ago when a two-story 1866 building w...
A bit like Williwaw's case. The doofus surveyor had the tract in the wrong range. I merely stumbled onto the recorded survey while looking for somet...
Here is what happens in the real world. The southeast quarter of a section gains two patent holders in the 1860s. One patent is only for the southea...
Close, but no cigar. A fellow called from what was basically a ghost town. I had never had a job in that town so I asked him all sorts of quesions t...
I have read through many such field books maintained by the county engineer/surveyor. Many times a simple sketch is provided with a description. Som...
Page 67 appears to refer to an attractive nuisance.
We were a three-man crew that day. One had served on the frontlines during Viet Nam. When we saw the second plane hit, his first words were, "Boots ...
Something that happens frequently in PLSSia is a case where many surveys may have taken place around the perimeter of a section before the first need ...
A major issue could happen if obtaining licensure by this method in one State would not be accepted for reciprocity in another State.
A fellow I know with close to 20 years of experience just resigned and went to work as a draftsman for a completely different type of firm. Only his ...
This thread has nearly 2700 views in two work days. That is insane. Especially compared to the number of posts.
We are rapidly disappearing because of the standard being set so high. Four years of experience or two years of experience plus two years of educatio...
Kansas allows the client a list of opt-out items. Most typically, this calls for a survey that does not show easements, locations of utilities, locat...
We were headed to do an ALTA survey of an industrial plant in Fort Scott, KS just a few miles from Missouri. We stopped at a little grocery store to ...