AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 3:13 am
Topics: 2297 / Replies: 23723
Reply
RE: ROW permits for excation

We had a period of time when Kansas DOT thought we should do something similar. Never worried about it and no one ever complained. The vast majority...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Its not every day that I get to walk in the footsteps of greatness

Dang! Thought you had moved into my neighborhood. 🤣 🤣

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Dealing with reviewers

There are the review processes that are created by the State Survey Society and given to the State Legislature to adopt as the State Minimum Standards...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

yup, ILS GIANT PITA                             ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: P.O.B.

OOh OOH OOH, my head hurts already. You are working with lots 168 thru 175 in a 200 year old plat of the NW4 of the SE4 of Section 26 where there are...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Great conversation

Had something happen where another surveyor was called to set the corners of a specific lot in a s;ecific blowck for which we were still attempting to...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Professional Services Contract?

We foolishly took on a job ONE time for a company that was overseeing the documents for something like 250 convenience stores across the U.S. The con...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

One time, and one time only, I made a huge mistake by reversing the bearing of the closing course of the boundary. Instead of something like 700 feet...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

How many of us have signed off on a survey assembled by a draftsman that has incorrect line lengths and areas for the following reasons? Lines have ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

A review story from from a common city block in ANYTOWN USA. The client owned the entire north half of a typical block. The existing six- 50' by 120...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: I never expected to ever see this happen

Another review story. DO NOT INTENTIONALLY mislead other people. This is a PLSSia story but it would fit rare cases of breaking down any large tract...

8 months ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 2392
Reply
RE: the 2026 ALTA standards

One of mine from 20 or more years ago was for an elderly care facility in a location in the city that had been platted in, say, 1880. About ten years...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: the 2026 ALTA standards

ALTA surveys were never my cup of tea. I think every client bitched about the cost and how I didn't deliver the final product three days prior to whe...

9 months ago
Page 27 / 1301