AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 3, 2026 7:33 am
Topics: 2296 / Replies: 23720
Reply
RE: The American Surveyor

I am an Associate Member of the Missouri Society of Professional Surveyors. They have an excellent magazine, Definitely enjoy the high quality stori...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

If near the coast it could be an estuary.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

A marker built from native stone was erected in 1938 by the WPA, but it is located 50 feet to the west of the actual tri-point. A stand-on plaque was ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

@murphy Above. Am I correct in thinking that new descriptions in NC must be tied to GPS explicitly?

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Mile High marker in Denver

Denverite.com does not believe I am human. As President Nixon once said, "I am not a bot."

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

@kscott Aha, I see now where you are located. That's a huge county. My wife's mother was born and raised in Gunnison County, so she has relatives...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

Anyone interested in the Kansas/Oklahoma border or simply interested in how surveying was conducted in 1857 should enjoy this account. Note the comme...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

The northwest corner of Oklahoma is a pincushion as described here /p> The southwest corner of the Oklahoma Panhandle is a special case for a pi...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

The Cimarron Meridian serves only the Oklahoma Panhandle. The east end is the 100 degree of longitude and the west end is the 103 degree of longitude...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

The reason for the Oklahoma Panhandle goes back to the 1820 Missouri Compromise.   Today fewer than 1% of Oklahomans live in the 168 x 34 mil...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

Curve? What curve? We don't need no stinkin' curves around here. Keith and I fought about that a few iterations back when I'm not sure what the nam...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

@kscott Does the continental divide pass through Mesa County?

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

@norman-oklahoma Thanks for correcting me. I just typed a new post and when I went to Add Reply, I lost it completely. Here goes on why I confus...

3 months ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 1414
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

Oklahoma has three different initial points. Two for the eastern part and the western part of the main part of the State and a third for surveying in...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Oklahoma specific question

Different states were handled differently on so many things. NormanOklahoma mentioned the standard parallels in Oklahoma being every four townships (...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Get your final product perfect before it leaves your office in any form

If there is a list of comments that are for sure going to require some corrections to be made, I will add in typos and such that I would not mention i...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Get your final product perfect before it leaves your office in any form

It was somewhere around 1993 when I sat in on a lecture by Knud Hermanson from Maine. He provided a host of visuals depicting critical elements of a ...

3 months ago
Page 12 / 1301