AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 3, 2026 7:33 am
Topics: 2296 / Replies: 23720
Reply
RE: Fess up if you have done something similar

My brain fart was working in Block 24 instead of Block 23 for the same lot number of identical dimensions. Adding to the confusion was the cross stre...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

As the owner of a land surveying firm, it sometimes took great creativity to give the potential client justifications for not agreeing to put their jo...

3 months ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 1518
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

I can design a roof for your building that will not fail until a combined snow and wind situation happens based on an expectation of that loading only...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Tony Cavell

He wrote some wonderful stories that appeared in one of the survey magazines that used to exist. No idea which one. But, I made a point to find his ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

@cv The economists arrived first and demanded cost to benefit determinations be made before anything else is done.    

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The power of 'No'.

One million attaboys are hereby duly awarded.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: How NOT TO run a survey office.

@hoosier_surveyor First, I would have studied it over thoroughly. If I found any significant issues, I would have notified them of such. Upon rec...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Effect of recording deeds

Oh, yes. Institutional incompetence is maximized in government contracting circles. My personal experience with this forty years had some new versio...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Effect of recording deeds

One thing I have witnessed with both city and county business involves the "official job description" of the various officials. Checks and balances, ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

An assumption I would make is that Mr. Developer had approached Mr. Sydow at the same time as the purchase of the adjoining tract and made a lowball o...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

He was being pressured to forego that excellent practice and assume long term liability for stating an assumption as fact to make others happy.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

Neither bird, nor plane.......or even frog. It's just little ol' me, Underdog. Quoted from a very old Saturday morning cartoon.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: How NOT TO run a survey office.

@out-of-level You understand correctly. I provide survey review services to numerous firms who are working in Kansas. There is a Kansas statute t...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Easement Question

By this point the author of the OP has surely done something. We don't know what this was. This is still a valid situation to discuss for the edific...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: How NOT TO run a survey office.

Job #1 is to keep the client happy. Job #2 is to convince the client that a competent consultant is doing the best he can in all facets of getting th...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Happy Independence Day!

@rankin_file At first glimpse I thought I was looking at the Grand Tetons. 🤣 🤣

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Sydow v. Douglass Properties

I very much enjoy following such threads. One more reason why we need to support this site.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: My First OPUS Submission

There are times when I feel blissfully ignorant (by choice) on some of the discussions here. I have reached the same stage in life as some of my old ...

3 months ago
Page 13 / 1301