AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
holy-cow
holy-cow
@holy-cow
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:19 pm
Last seen: October 3, 2026 7:33 am
Topics: 2296 / Replies: 23720
Reply
RE: GLO BLM Website

Finally figured it out but won't remember how by tomorrow. I had to insert a name before I could do a real search so not convinced I could go to the ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: GLO BLM Website

@cv I think I might have heard something from someone who thought they might have heard something on one or two TV networks last evening that maybe...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: GLO BLM Website

Don't ask me how. Somehow I got to an exchange deed in 1985 in Section 4, Township 3 East, Range 20N, Willamette Meridian. I thought I was going to ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

Our local Register of Deeds can record almost anything so long as it meets some very basic criteria. But, the one thing she refuses to record is a de...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

@norman-oklahoma There were two good things about this. First, the obvious one, I was paid well for my services. Second, if things had gone diffe...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

Read through the definitions above in the garyg post. For my area, the response is: Close, but, no cigar. The most common term found in NEW descrip...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: ATTENTION: For those working in PLSSia

@norman-oklahoma @protracted Did a search on Google Maps for the Willamette Stone. I'm going to say a forbidden word: chainsaw. Open a hole to t...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

Speaking of descriptions and mortgages, I am reminded of a situation I fell into one time. All I was to do was a simple mortgagee title inspection/im...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: When the machete is not enough

A folding hand saw with a 10" blade can do wonders on limbs too big for loppers but small for firing up a chain saw.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Get your final product perfect before it leaves your office in any form

An appointed County Surveyor in a distant county from the counties where I serve as survey reviewer has interpreted the statutes to say he is the ONLY...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: PLS as of 7-14-26

Dive right in, the water is great! Seriously, start a thread by commenting on something you view as the best thing about being a land surveyor.

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

One of the wonderful things about this site is picking up on the lingo of surveying as it varies from location to location. It may not be pertinent t...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

So, once again, the permanently correct answer to a general surveying question is: "It depends."

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions: To write or not to write?

@murphy Thanks for chipping in here. We don't do the tie to SPC as you do in North Carolina here in Kansas. That's why I made my comment, as a wa...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Legal identifiers. When is a Tract a tract and a Lot a lot.

This is a great topic for discussion. It is far more than a tomaytoe vs tomahtoe or aunt vs ant preference type of thing. Stop me from saying, "I wi...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The American Surveyor

A fellow surveyor told me over 40 years of a situation virtually identical to the story by Mr. Jones in the Road Riders Book story. In this case, the...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: The American Surveyor

@pls8xx Much like Mr. Jones, I have focused my attention on county records for several decades. The gold we seek can almost always be found in tho...

3 months ago
Page 11 / 1301