AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gerry Pena
Gerry Pena
@gerry-pena
Free
Joined: November 27, 2013 8:16 pm
Topics: 17 / Replies: 78
Reply
RE: Will reflectorless work for Topo?

> > why survey 2x for the same point? why not shoot the tree reflectorless near the roots? Set RR ~ 0.05m. That way your tree shots can also be ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Will reflectorless work for Topo?

Trees - yes, I prefer to leave them out of the DTM. Using reflectorless to get the trees, then collecting ground shots in the open spaces- overall, it...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: L1 vs L1/L2 Post processing

Yes, I believe the time duration is the main reason for this discrepancy. The 2 points were observed for ~45 minutes. Even for L1 data only this is u...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: L1 vs L1/L2 Post processing

The vector was approximately 185.452m from the L1/L2 & 185.163m for the L1 only.Paul, I processed the L1 & L1/L2 vector using the same downloa...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 658
Reply
RE: Kern DKM3 for sale

Was it ever used? How do you keep them like new?

12 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Locus Kinematic Kit For Sale

several months ago, a guy was posting several times looking for the kinematic kit for the locus units.hope he sees your post.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What was your "weirdest" survey in 2014?

A client wanted me to certify that his lot is greater than 100m from an existing gas station so he can lease it to a gas station retailer. Apparently...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Using a TS as a digital level

Results of a Two Peg TestThose "construction folks" are a strange lot. They want benchmarks with < 1cm accuracy then their foreman use the centerl...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 962
Reply
RE: Ellipsoidal Separation Procedure

10 years or so ago, areas are just 1-2 has next to a client's property. Recently however, clients are requiring a strip bathymetry survey of 100 m x 1...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1057
Reply
RE: digital level usage

Sokkia levels (or the ones I am using SDL 50) has NO on board option to enter the station name:-S It only records the BS/FS entries so you have to not...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Used Laptops and Desktops

I have been buying used laptops exclusively for my business. I buy 1 or 2 generations than newer models. They sell for 1/3 the new price. I use them f...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Fixed but ...

Thanks for the advice on the software. Visited their website & there is no demo version. I tried to check the data from the 2 bases to the rover t...

12 years ago
Topic
12 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 950
Reply
RE: Used Trimble GNSS receiver provenance

You can prove something is stolen but you cannot prove something is NOT stolen.Most equipment that I buy are 2nd or 3rd hand so purchase receipts are ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Angular accuracy importance (2" vs 3" vs 5") ?

Those +/- 5" ADDS upHad a similar situation several years ago when we did a road alignment survey that stretched for ~80km.We were using a Topcon GTS ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Galileo satellites launched into wrong orbits

How could that happen?They should have used GPS for their Galileo satellites' navigation system....:-P

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost a Base today

May I ask WHY are you leaving your equipments unattended in the 1st place? If unit costs Sxx,xxx, I would get a daily hire & pay him above minimum...

12 years ago
Page 1 / 5