AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Topic
Reply
RE: Sanborn Fire Insurance Co. Surveyors' Manual

paden cash, post: 376563, member: 20 wrote: I've often wondered about their procedures when they collected their data. I remember one map here in Nor...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Sanborn Fire Insurance Co. Surveyors' Manual

paden cash, post: 376552, member: 20 wrote: Apparently the Illinois State Library has one in their Map Room also, but it too is a '36 addition. Look...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects - Adding PID After the Fact

P.S. For projects that have a lot of sessions to process, I found that it is best to complete the station logs before beginning the processing. Othe...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects - Adding PID After the Fact

As Steve states above, from the manager's page select the mark you want to add the PID. The "Mark" page will display descriptive info, photos, sessio...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking for special software

John, I use ABBYY Finereader. The latest is Ver. 12 for around $170. They may have a "standard" version for less. It allows you to read in PDFs, TIF...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Aspen BT

Tell Matt, great find! And here I thought I was going to see a photo of a bark-scribed aspen with distorted numbers/letters.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Warning Will Robertson!!!

Hmmm...I guess I won't open the only email from you that got tossed into my Spam folder. :whistle: BTW....I had trouble envisioning a situation where...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records web services and bulk data

Evan, The bulk data contains information regarding the plats, field notes and other documents available on the GLO Records web site. It is not like t...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 3489
Reply
RE: What type of monument is it?

JB, Looks like the "front end" of a piece of drill steel. You did dig VERY carefully along side the monument to ascertain the length and whether the ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO å? Corner

Loyal, post: 355246, member: 228 wrote: The Stone is obviously THE CORNER, although one must have the "Field" Notes to understand what the two monumen...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ITRF 2014

Stirring the pot again, hey John. Hope all is well with you....cheers!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: If Herman was Hermann, he was an excellent Deputy...

Thankfully, your Deputy Herman[n] was not the Oregon Congressman and attorney appointed by McKinley in 1897 to serve as GLO Commissioner. The Hon. Co...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Township

Piece of cake for an old hand like you Loyal. :whistle: The trick is getting paid for all work required for a proper retracement.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

Bill93, post: 352973, member: 87 wrote: The problem is that too often those requirements are not met. All too often they are abused and/or misunders...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Lat/Lon in Utah

Usually, the metadata is important to understanding a coordinate system. In this case, not so much. Bastardized coordinate systems, like "modified" S...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal problems for refusing work

Holy Cow, post: 351885, member: 50 wrote: So, Gene, does that mean that you are so old that you won't accept a job in late August that places you next...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal problems for refusing work

LRDay, post: 351860, member: 571 wrote: I'm pretty sure we have all done a few jobs that we wish we had never seen. At some point you can see them co...

11 years ago
Page 65 / 67