Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Bill93, post: 431661, member: 87 wrote: Here's my guess:They want the 2-ft concrete base for the equipment.If they are pouring concrete anyway, it's e...
Bumping this TTT in case someone missed it.
Stephen Johnson, post: 431365, member: 53 wrote: When are you going to bite the bullet on a degree and get NM? Someone needs to grab that sharp stick...
Thanks for the link to the PowerPoint presentation, Loyal. This should be interesting indeed. The survey goes over two mountain passes, La Veta and ...
I wouldn't be worried about the horse I was riding up there, paden. Rather the riding of an animal with iron shoes when the afternoon thunder storm r...
P.S. If you click on the photo of Mr. Dyer and zoom in you will see the leather pouch on the left tripod leg is camouflaged by the Buckskin's mane. ...
I used to collect old Wild instruments. This is a 1940 vintage T2 with striding level and tripod. The tripod is the Wild IIIb model, which included ...
Yes, this is an NGS project that Pam Fromhertz, NGS Rocky Mountain Regional Geodetic Advisor and Dr. Derek van Westrum gave a presentation in February...
Thanks for the example, Jim. In my ignorance, I was under the impression that the surveyor signed the Certificate of Compliance. Doh!
Jim Frame, post: 430498, member: 10 wrote: The formal process I'm aiming to pursue is known locally as a Lot Line Adjustment and Certificate of Compli...
Mr. Dyer's survey gear was Wild Heerbrugg based on all those green boxes. The instrument looks like an old Wild T-2 mounted on a Wild Heerbrugg P-30 ...
Dave,I'm not sure why others have a propensity to conflate their views regarding their state statutes and case law to states they are not licensed in ...
Loyal, post: 430801, member: 228 wrote: I still have a 50 ft. tape (thrown) and a 200 ft. tape (reel) in the truck (along with sissy scissors and a te...
You guys in Texas sure seem preoccupied with setting fancy ROW markers.
Kent McMillan, post: 430566, member: 3 wrote: I thought that was what went on at Golden Corral. Sorry, but I defer to your dining experiences at cafe...
From my distant memory, double throwing a 100' chain is not stable and will jump back to a single throw. I learned how to double throw back in 1973. ...
Andy Nold, post: 430520, member: 7 wrote: Found two monuments at the southeast corner that are not called for and got a reading on the schonstadt at a...
South half of mile rough and stony; north half not so much so. Love it Dave. Gneiss "+"!Thanks for the photos and field notes!
paden, hold that vain thought until April 8, 2024.That is when the next total eclipse in NA goes through SE Oklahoma and the northern tip of Cape Bret...