AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Only Cyclone users know the struggle...

Dave Karoly, post: 433533, member: 94 wrote: What is this? Pick on Dave week?First you were talking smack about my other post now this!:(I think I nee...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Only Cyclone users know the struggle...

Dave Karoly, post: 433481, member: 94 wrote: If I had to use Cyclone more than a few times a year I'd be in a padded room by now. It is by far the mo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Corner

Dave Karoly, post: 433406, member: 94 wrote: Yes, the old "Mother Lode" ploy! Well, my avatar is a quartz monzonite porphyry stone containing phenocr...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Corner

Dave Karoly, post: 433408, member: 94 wrote: I typed that post on an iPad quickly. The last sentence, "Good reasons are based in the current physical...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Corner

Gene Kooper, post: 433178, member: 9850 wrote: One would hope that a surveyor contemplating setting a pin cushion would include a long note on their p...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PURPOSE FOR PLSS

While I am somewhat hesitant about adding additional information to this thread, I would like to provide another perspective regarding comments by som...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Corner

Dave Karoly, post: 431894, member: 94 wrote: There's nothing inherently wrong with setting a pincushion as long as you have a good reason for doing so...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PURPOSE FOR PLSS

warren ward PLS CO OK, post: 433089, member: 12536 wrote: Or, am I completely mistaken? I am now told by surveyors, quite younger than I, that when la...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: HP 41CX Battery Pack 82120A

A Harris,I think Derek is interested in the NiCad battery module, not an empty case for the N-sized batteries.I have one Derek, but I'm hesitant to se...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: OREGON STATE BOARD IS FEATURED IN GEORGE WILL'S SYNDICATED COLUMN

Evan,I agree that legislation can be a very coarse and blunt instrument. Many years ago, I served on the PLSC (Professional Land Surveyors of Colorad...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: OREGON STATE BOARD IS FEATURED IN GEORGE WILL'S SYNDICATED COLUMN

The term, "officious nuisances" is misapplied in this case. It is easy to blame the individual Board members for levying the fine. However, IMO the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects Users Forum Webinar - June 7, 2017

For those that missed the presentation last Wednesday, the presentation recording is now available. Here is a link to the NGS Online Learning Resourc...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Identify this Splined Shaft, Please

After downloading Kent's photo and taking a close look, there is no groove for a "c" clip anywhere on the shaft. It may be a tractor PTO shaft. Some...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Identify this Splined Shaft, Please

Kent McMillan, post: 432108, member: 3 wrote: I'm fairly sure that there were 20 splines on the axles. The diameter could have been 1.30" instead of 1...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Gotta love those who think simply

If you are looking for a more ominous name, Consumption Creek has a nice, alliterative ring to it.Speaking of access to private land, does Kansas have...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sweet Little Old Lady

WELL sigh, another senior moment. I thought you were a year older, but now am informed that you won't reach my ripe old age until August.Remember to ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sweet Little Old Lady

I hate to tell you this HC, but I'm an old guy and YOU are older than me.BTW...will you be recording your survey at the county? It seems that the nei...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sweet Little Old Lady

And here I was expecting the sweet little old lady to invite you in for blueberry pie and coffee.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Open source GPS post process software?

Here's the link to the ftp site.ftp://ftp.ngs.noaa.gov/pub/pnt6/

9 years ago
Reply
RE: This weekend's find

Bill,I imagine that this survey will follow the procedures of the earlier two and have NGS data sheets and PIDs. At least I hope so.

9 years ago
Page 51 / 67