AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Tom Adams, post: 440823, member: 7285 wrote: Weighing in on the [USER=3]@Kent McMillan[/USER] / [USER=9850]@Gene Kooper[/USER] debate (even against my...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Wow, I seem to have been promoted from Intellectual Vagrant to Geologist Dude. At least GD sounds better than Rockhead! 🙂

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

Many folks give Thomas Jefferson sole credit for developing the PLSS system. In general terms, his vision of a rectangular survey system was adopted....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

Scott Ellis, post: 440558, member: 7154 wrote: I am sure I would enjoy the retracing mineral survey, however I would also get very bored of seeing squ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

Scott Ellis, post: 440551, member: 7154 wrote: IAlso when A PLSS system has Metes and Bounds it is based off of the PLSS Grid. It's not two separate s...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

Kent McMillan, post: 440512, member: 3 wrote: I used the element of state and federal interest simply to approximate the complexity inherent in a syst...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

KScott, post: 440523, member: 1455 wrote: Warren, I am not familiar with that issue. Is it current? I was involved with the USA v. Exxon and others on...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: EDM observation in the zenith direction

John,Many years ago I had a similar task of measuring vertical distances. I needed to measure a stope with several landings that cork-screwed its way...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Kent McMillan, post: 440461, member: 3 wrote: Yes, in the cookbook you have to follow, they may not be called monuments. However, outside of PLSSia, t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 1879 Land Grant Corner

Kent McMillan, post: 440446, member: 3 wrote: Obviously, this whole thread was lost on you if you didn't even notice that the concept I used was uncer...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Kent McMillan, post: 440414, member: 3 wrote: I read your posts and thought that they really didn't add very much to the discussion since the point of...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: 1879 Land Grant Corner

Kent McMillan, post: 440397, member: 3 wrote: I'm sure that is meant to be clever, but land surveyors develop professional opinions every day based up...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Kent McMillan, post: 440412, member: 3 wrote: The relevant point is that natural monuments can disprove the claim that one has found "the corner monum...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Kent McMillan, post: 440409, member: 3 wrote: With the obvious exception that a set of bearing trees can show an object similar in description to that...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Kent McMillan, post: 440392, member: 3 wrote: A bearing tree would fall into the category of a natural monument if it is permanent, immovable, and unm...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Kent McMillan, post: 440391, member: 3 wrote: If you read the original surveyor's description of the corner as "a Stone mound from which two Spanish O...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Darryl Beard, post: 440388, member: 11556 wrote: Correct me if I am wrong, but don't the bearing trees, the stone mound, and the cedar stake all carry...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Property, James E. Krier, Gilbert Law Summaries...

James Fleming, post: 440372, member: 136 wrote: Sunday fun recipe:Two parts homemade lemonadeOne part homemade black raspberry liquorRepeat as necessa...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding the Center of an 1875 Rock Mound

Kent McMillan, post: 440331, member: 3 wrote: Well, considering that the call I believe I mentioned that Mr. Cambell gave for the corner was "a Stone ...

9 years ago
Page 44 / 67