AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Estwing vs. Fiskars

Jim Frame, post: 443932, member: 10 wrote: I use the Estwing 24-ounce bricklayer's hammer for general field work, as the flat blade is more efficient ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Estwing vs. Fiskars

For geologists, there are three standard field tools, a Hastings triplet magnifying lens by Bausch and Lomb, a Brunton compass, and an Estwing g-pick;...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: IBLA 99-363

I have a slightly different take on the IBLA. Over the years several BLM Cadastral surveyors have tried to impress upon me that, "the BLM is a proces...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: IBLA 99-363

I see that my previous post didn't make it through the wormhole. This case, Delzell was provided as the monthly IBLA case on the CFedS web site back ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: One scale factor for a long ROW survey?

This project is best suited to a Lambert Conformal Conic projection, but New York utilizes Transverse Mercator projections for its SPC zones. I'd sug...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

And now some amateur photos taken through my Wild Heerbrugg T-2 theodolite with diagonal eyepiece using the neighbor's iPhone. Photos were taken in m...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

Here is a photo taken by someone that has the proper equipment, experience and artistry. This is similar to what I saw in Alliance, NE.From the web s...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

Scotland, post: 442382, member: 559 wrote: Take away his shotgun too! He gave me his old Winchester Model 97 12-gauge shotgun many years ago, so no p...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

Eclipse prep: Small towns and rural attractions in the path of totality roll out the welcome mat for skywatchersJohn,It was in the above article in th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1871 Corner, the 1971 Nail, and Now

Geez, Kent. If I thought you could survive the altitude, I'd invite you to meet up at 13,000 and see what original stones and stone mounds look like ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1871 Corner, the 1971 Nail, and Now

Kent McMillan, post: 442334, member: 3 wrote: I know, it sounds odd, but a poster from PLSSia using the pseudonym (I assume) of aliquot said that anyt...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: The 1871 Corner, the 1971 Nail, and Now

Roger,I believe the simple answer to your question is contained in the opening phrase of Post #10, "But wait there's more to the story....". Kent is ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Eclipse of August 21, 2017

John Hamilton, post: 442273, member: 640 wrote: I will be in the air, I am hooking up with a fellow flying club member (we have three planes) and we w...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Snootiness

Robert Hill, post: 441965, member: 378 wrote: This is a discussion forum. Sometimes the discussions that become confrontational are the most rewarding...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Just won the lotto well sort of

Holy Cow, post: 442118, member: 50 wrote: I have a grey beard. I'm movin' to Arkysaw. Watch out fellers, I got a full half mouth of teeth left. And...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Just won the lotto well sort of

DDSM mentioned Arkansas in his post (#16).

9 years ago
Page 42 / 67