Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Jim and Nate, While I agree that collecting data before the event isn't that important, I'm interested in seeing what happens (also why I will collec...
Bill, With my repeated public demonstration at math wizardry, I've probably misapplied the leap seconds correction too, also.
Thanks Bill.?ÿ My senior moments used to be only lapses in memory.?ÿ Now I see they include basic arithmetic.....SIGH!?ÿ Maybe I should retire along w...
See edit above.
The pin assignments and sockets are located in Appendix D of the Leica GPS1200 Technical Reference Manual.?ÿ I found this download for it.?ÿ If you ca...
Dave, not trying to be argumentative here, but why all the hand wringing over 1/3 of an acre.?ÿ You keep saying that the area is marginal so why not s...
Aliquot raises good points.?ÿ The 1970 Cadastral Surveyor was instructed to set the center east 1/16 likely because the SW1/4 of the NE1/4 is Public L...
Go enjoy yourself at the LSAW conference and call them next Monday morning at 8:00 a.m. if it didn't arrive whilst you were off having fun at the casi...
I too have two questions. 1.?ÿ Where was your safety line? 2.?ÿ Why wasn't your safety partner closer (I assume they were doubling as a photographer)?...
I grew up on a ranch in the Nebraska Sandhills, so old tractors and work horses were ordinary.?ÿ We had an old Farmall tractor (circa 1928) with a mag...
@nate-the-surveyor regarding the old ways and solar observations.?ÿ I have the field tablet to an old U.S. mineral surveyor that conducted a mineral s...
Sorry for the multiple posts.?ÿ I think I got the mess cleaned up on aisle three.?ÿ ?????ÿ
Posted by: Jitterboogie ?ÿ I was in the last admitted full time?ÿon campus degree program the year they decided to cancel the program. Dr. Herb was a ...
This work flow is old (uses TGO) but might be of some help.?ÿ You may need to convert the raw data for an R6 . If you are using an R6, R7 GNSS,or an R...
Thanks NS.?ÿ It took a few years to find all of those, plus several at university libraries.?ÿ A Cadastral Surveyor contacted me about the old post, t...
Bumping this to the top with updated list of manuals still available. I am including with each original mineral survey manual a PDF file scanned in co...