AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: HELP with teqc qc mode

FWIW,I guess you have also seen the appropriate section in the TEQC tutorial. See:br>Cheers,DMM

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NAD 1983 or NA 2011 ?

Hi there,You indicate that you are seeing a vertical shift of four (4) feet between points expressed in NAD83 and NAD83(2011). This brings to mind a f...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pic from the Field...

See:br>As can be seen in the article, you don't get high smoking hemp. Working in the Midwest I often came across patches of these. I believe they are...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Photos of old instruments

See:And last but not least,

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Time Set For Feb 20/21 GPS Launch

See also for pretty pictures and video:

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Ashtech Z-12 antenna question

Not seeing any other replies, I will say that in one if my former jobs we used the Z-12 with the ASH701008.01B antenna.Obviously there are other compa...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic Distance Meter 1975

Resources for information on surveying instrumentsGiven the frequent questions posted about historic surveying equipment, I post below three of my fav...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Electronic Distance Meter 1975

br>This is the unit I used in 1973. It was not mounted on the theodolite.Company information atbr>HTH,DMM

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Float Solution

While the problems of multipath and obstructions to the signal seem the likely cause, I suggest submitting your data to one of the many free on-line G...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Frost heave

For local knowledge I suggest contacting the NGS State Advisor, Dan Martin. On the issue of frost heave on monuments in extreme environments, see:br>B...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Garage Sale Find

For a picture see page 30 of the following PDFbr>Don't forget the marine cell batteries...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild T3 question

Wild T3 manual PDFUnfortunately, this manualdoes not include the part you show. Hopefully it will be of use. Always wanted a T3 of my own. At one time...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Control Diagrams and Triangulation Diagrams for TX

Still think they are the most likely source. Mr Middleton, senior NGS advisor to Texas, might have them or know where to obtain copies. For contact in...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: leveling to marks set vertical

As can be seen from the photo, sometimes it was necessary for NGS to build things themselves.BTW, I still think it is incorrect to use a digital level...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: leveling to marks set vertical

FWIW,It is my understanding that the crosshairs in modern digital levels do not provide an accurate rod intercept reading as they are intended to assi...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: leveling to marks set vertical

The NGS Instrumentation and Methodologies Branch in Corbin, Va has designed a device for this purpose. I searched my computers for photos or plans but...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Control Diagrams and Triangulation Diagrams for TX

Howdy,I assume you are asking because you were unable to get them from NGS via either the Information Center or the Texas State Advisor?Cheers,DMM

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Supernova in M82

Nice article with links here:

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Mandatory Continuing Education

Continuing Education Was Created To Educate The UneducatedA degree is not the end of education. As an old colleague once said, "Educators should facil...

13 years ago
Reply
13 years ago
Page 66 / 78