Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Howdy,Not sure why NGS shows the computed value of H at this point to the nearest tenth of a meter. It is computed from h and N. The computation did u...
Seebr>Take a look at the dimensions of the cone and the dimensions of the zone.HTH,DMM
AorakiBlasted spell check.My last visit in 2009 included a day with Professor Hannah at Otago. They have an excellent program. Impressive work being d...
The 1930s survey used a Parkhurst theodolite. See:
GPS Total Station surveying tool?See:br>Or GPS mounted atop total station == GPS total station
Howdy,As others indicate, carefully review the datasheets for points of interest. They contain a wealth of information. Included are a number of diffe...
When I worked for NGS in a non-HQ office I frequently had problems accessing resources. The IT folks and especially the IT security folks made access ...
Howdy,Most likely it is an orphan. Without external urging for its adoption, it will mostly likely be lost to users.Contact the NGS information center...
FWIW,Interesting discussion. Like other posters, I find the questions not suited to short responses. I provide yet more links but also some definition...
What about the NGS Foundation CORS initiative?See:
What Is Needed Are IGS GNSS Stations +Lest it be thought that efforts along these lines are not underway, see
Is this the commercial you mention?Perhaps it was a spell check problem?
Examining the data for the point you specified indicates that there was no differential leveling associated with the site. As you note, the NAVD 88 he...
Excuse the formatting problems. I timed out and copied this from the site.> > The coordinates of all the other control stations were calculated ...
Sorry for the error. It is Appendix B.6. At risk of misunderstanding your question, the way national agencies worked prior to the modern period was to...
For what it's worth,As posted by base9geodesy, NAD 27 coordinates were not determined with respect to the geocenter. Prior to the modern era of survey...
Perhaps I misunderstand the problem but it seems to me straightforward. All transformations can be performed using NGS toolkit elements.Concert NAD 27...