AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Triangulation, and other forgotten skills

MathTeacher, post: 362261, member: 7674 wrote: Back in 2007, I was teaching math to high school and community college students and teaching myself wha...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Triangulation, and other forgotten skills

Locating remote points via triangulation occupied much of my early career. My favorite project was locating a remote navigation aid from a baseline at...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PACS and SACS

Bill93 is correct. As the observation scheme and adjustment guidelines in the document in my previous post do NOT require ties to NAVD88 benchmarks ho...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: PACS and SACS

Jim in AZ, post: 360928, member: 249 wrote: I have a distinct recollection of reading somewhere about differences between PACS and SACS monuments and ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS expanded report

I now see what you are doing. You are assuming that N is always negative. It is not everywhere. The equations I provide are usable anywhere (although ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS expanded report

Unfortunately while trying to retrieve an NGS datasheet to show the relations I provided are correct, my time for editing passed. Still unable to retr...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS expanded report

Given h - H - N = 0 solve for h, H and N given the other two quantities:To solve for h. Rearrange H + N = h.To solve for H. Rearrange h - N = HTo s...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS expanded report

Joegeodesist, post: 360123, member: 6744 wrote: The "APPROX ORTHO HGT" line was preceded by explanatory text, no?This has been in the extended solutio...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS expanded report

MightyMoe, post: 360171, member: 700 wrote: I prefer NAVD88-N=hThat formula has worked well for many years.The formulation I provide allows easy manip...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS expanded report

First start with h = ellipsoid height, H = orthometric height, and N = the geoid ellipsoid separation. The question is which system or model defines t...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 2016 Comprehensive list of Survey/Geomatics Programs

Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi also includes graduate programs. See: The graduate program is called Geospatial Surveying Engineering. The ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ITRF 2014

Before hearing the wails of people decrying yet another update, I encourage those interested to examine the transformation parameters for ITRF08 to IT...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: In a generally communist country,

Another, perhaps less known, example of state ownership of lands is Israel. See It states that 93% of the land is owned by the state!Sheesh!

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Question regarding Land Surveying

Good luck. You might find the linked document of interest: The best source for job postings in the federal civil service of which I am aware is USAJO...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

Jim Frame, post: 351253, member: 10 wrote: Different situation, but related: I've always found it interesting that high-order NGS level runs along RR...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Double run leveling accuracy

I provide the following links not seen in previous responses. The first link provides details about issues like sight lengths, setup and section dista...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: File management software

While I rarely use Windoze anymore, when I do I like to have a copy of PowerDesk handy. Info here: When manipulating large projects with submissions ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey pics from Ireland

The influence of warm Atlantic currents keeps the weather mild. See:

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 1 second vs 5 seconds

With respect to the link problem. I accessed through Google Scholar. I am also a ResearchGate member. In any event... Article is "Theoretically correc...

11 years ago
Page 56 / 78