AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: 1 second vs 5 seconds

An interesting article on the issue of decimation of GPS data is here: Unfortunately, I do not know how NGS implements decimation.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Comments on Detection and Rejection of Outliers

The web link for the "Standard and Specs..." Document is: Also on the NGS site is Allen Pope's "statistics of residuals and detection of outliers" ava...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 1 second vs 5 seconds

Why not also use Hatanaka compression?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS GNSS data sample

i did not notice this earlier. Have you viewed: This is the GPS simulated observation generator. Description on page is pretty clear.Good luck,DMM

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

Glad to hear Dr Bock is still alive and kicking. I commend his great contributions to geodesy and lesser fields.Thanks for the correction and update M...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

I am surprised to learn of his death. I note that the Scripps site does not indicate it. See: As I retired in 2008 (fully in 2013), I am officially ou...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

BTW, Yehuda Bock's JGR article is available for free viewing/download at: I remember being quite impressed by the idea. With a solution for each epo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS RS Aborting

FWIW,The IGS-CB site shows the accuracies and latencies of their orbit products here:Note that the traditional rule of thumb is that SVpositionError/d...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you identify "cycle slips" in your opus file?

I can run teqc under Windoze 10 using Windoze PowerShell(x86). I use the teqc.exe executable. I copy the executable and the navigation and observation...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Detection and rejection of outliers

I do not take rejection criteria casually. As I age I seem to get even less flexible. My comments were with respect to "improving " GPS processing res...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS GNSS data sample

You can download RINEX data files from the US NGS site at: CORS Data Products- National Geodetic SurveyOr do you want raw GPS receiver data?

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

As you saw in my link (to section 17 of the HTML version of the documentation), it is required that the wavelength factor of L2 squared receivers be a...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

Just curious, does the RINEX file you create indicate that you have L2 squared data? A "2" should appear in the WAVELENGTH entry in the header file. S...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What to edit in a Rinex file?

Of course the answer is: it depends.During the early years when there were not many SVs we had to be careful to not lose data. With the current conste...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Projects

FWIW,There is an option on the datasheet retrieval page NGS DATASHEET COUNTY FORMAllowing the retrieval of "Destroyed marks only".If the monument was ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Reading OPUS statistics

BTW, there is a new edition (4th) of Alfred Leick's GPS Satellite Surveying. There are now two co-authors. Looking at the table of contents on the Ama...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Reading OPUS statistics

Dr. Chris Pearson, former NGS Advisor to Illinois, created the following: The PDF covers both the OPUS and OPUS-RS tools. N.B. the OPUS-RS tool does ...

11 years ago
Page 57 / 78