AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: ALTA "Conical Zones" and "airport proximity"

Nice presentation plenty of graphics on airport obstruction charting here:

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Centimeter-Level GPS Positioning for Automobiles in Texas

Just trying to understand. So I buy an after-market GNSS receiver providing me an autonomous (?) position of the antenna at the few centimeter level. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA "Conical Zones" and "airport proximity"

I don't know whether this is relevant but the FAA document describing obstructions to navigable airspaces is here: See section 2.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 2016 Airborne Gravi for Geodesy Summer School presentations posted

Finally getting around to reading the presentations. Professor Jekeli's is excellent and is understandable without a lot of maths background. Lots of ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Importance of Carefully Choosing CORS

On the issue of the proposed "Foundation CORS" a closer look at the NGS site yielded this: On the issue of California subsidence, I always liked this ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Importance of Carefully Choosing CORS

While in no way do I speak for NGS, their management of the CORS network is constrained by resources, the reliance on the good behavior of participant...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 1965 NGS First Order Leveling on Denali Park Road

I don't know if it is of any help by the work was level project L20408. You can use this project identifier to retrieve datasheets for all the point w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane Table Alidade

The link is to the description card for a surveying instrument display at the National Maritume Museum in London. If the link does not work it quotes...

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Dynamic Datums-we all need to be aware of this

FWIW, the issue of adopting an ITRF-based datum in the US was discussed by the US NGS back in 1997. See this report: For me, the shift from relative ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Distance Measurements in 1974

Loyal, post: 385223, member: 228 wrote: Actually the readout was nixi-tubes not LED(s).I still have a AGA 78 (in the truck), and there might still be ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Distance Measurements in 1974

I used th AGA Geodimeter Model 76. back in 1974. Visible beam, LEDs, decent range, fiddly controls (set and return). So futuristic at the time.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Gambling With The Deregulation of Land Surveying

Perhaps a more supportable answer is to increase scrutiny of work and greater financial penalties for malpractice? Expanding a license requirement to ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Primer In Vertical Datums

Howdy,Enjoyed your article. Good summary and tabulation. In some ways, the hardest part of modern surveying is keeping track of what each number means...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild Heerbrugg T0 Compass Theodolite

Iceman, post: 381905, member: 579 wrote: I never used the Wild T0,but the Wild T1-A was my everyday transit.Reading stadia with inverted image.I also ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How many opus sessions do I need?

You can also review research. When using OPUS you need to verify he quality of the solutions using the guidance linked from the site. One recommended ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting into GPS

FWIW, when using any of the sutomated processing tools be sure to keep track of reference frames and epochs. A rather dated example of comparisons bet...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Baseline or triangle

FWIW,You might want to take a look at the approach in the venerable TRIMNET Users Manual available here:

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The Downside of Benchmark Hunting

Looking at eBay I found this: This is a disk with a date but the stamping was probably sanded off. It was obviously set in concrete as the pictures sh...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*Net Addiction.

FWIW,While in the past there were big problems with a lack of redundancy, it seem now that some add redundancy that does not contribute significantly ...

10 years ago
Page 51 / 78