AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: OPUS down - need help with height using RTX

If you look at the RTX output posted you will see a height indicated to be orthometric and determined using EGM96. The original poster reports it diff...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS down - need help with height using RTX

I know nothing about Trimble RTX. Looking at the screen capture above reveals that it transforms the ellipsoid height via the Earth Gravity Model 96 (...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hello from Southeast Asia

I hope your training class included providing you the following manuals that I consider very good.?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Astro Question - Zenith angles and distance

For a more comprehensive treatment of celestial navigation, I recommend?/p> The American Practical Navigator is a free PDF at the site above. Start Ch...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: New scale factor

Not familiar with your location, intended accuracy or purpose. That said, I would heed Jim Stemƒ??s advice in:?/p> I copy the relevant page below:?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Regarding the L3 frequency

FWIW, There is an L3 frequency. It is 1381.05 MHz and is used as part of ?ÿNUDET. Not much good for navigation. You will notice that its frequency as ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Raw data reduction to Elevation

I, of course, failed in my oblique attempt to get those on this thread to think about how realistic the values in the original post and responses are....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Raw data reduction to Elevation

While I am hesitant to involve myself in quibbles over thousandths of a foot when dealing with zenith angles and slope distances, I see neither of the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: [email protected] GRS80

While pruning my photo directory I came across this tabulation of the changes to WGS84. Not sure if it is up-to-date, this is not an NGA site. The pol...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ellipsoid Height

WRT Mr Hamiltonƒ??s statement ƒ??...that they did not know the ellipsoid heights, they used the orthometric heights.ƒ? ?ÿThe horizontal datum NAD27 w...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ellipsoid Height

For those unaware, the equation for the computation of the elevation factor (EF) is: R/ (R + h) where h is the ellipsoid height. In the US one uses NA...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Ellipsoid Height

At risk of being labeled a pedant, let me clarify that the scale factor (SF) does not require an elevation. It is a function of the location of the po...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: [email protected] GRS80

This topic has a lot of past posts. You might want to do a site search. An important point is that ITRF/IGS and WGS84 are separately developed and mai...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Malformed 5th line in RINEX header file from Trimble NETR5. How Do we fix?

I hope you are doing well and recovery will be underway soon.?ÿ As for the issue you raised. I note that the receiver users guide linked below: Addre...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Malformed 5th line in RINEX header file from Trimble NETR5. How Do we fix?

First of all, I am a user (and a retired one at that) of receiver data and translators. Hopefully you will get good information from this site or the ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Malformed 5th line in RINEX header file from Trimble NETR5. How Do we fix?

I understand from your posting that the problem exists when using a RINEX file and not during file creation. If that is the case, I would regenerate t...

8 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: morons

Masurement of the gravity gradient and the equipment used are described in the link below. gradient measurements weƒ??re part of the Geoid Slope Vali...

8 years ago
Page 35 / 78