Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
The LAMBDA method is described in the following links: Do a Google search for LAMBDA method for integer bias estimation for more. As other replies n...
The integer ambiguity refers to the un-measurable number of wavelengths transmitted by the satellite before the receiver starts logging. There is one ...
I too hope that someone ??well qualified? will respond to the tread. Unfortunately, the subject is not likely to be addressed in short, easy answer...
More specifically on airborne gravity, here is a good paper:?/p>
If I understand correctly, you are concerned with how the impacts of masses are accounted when determining the ellipsoid-geoid separation. This is the...
Another C&GS publication of relevance is:?ÿftp://ftp.library.noaa.gov/docs.lib/htdocs/rescue/cgs_specpubs/QB275U35no1101925.pdf SP110, Astronomic ...
Actually the Wild T-4. See:?/p> ?ÿ
Time to break out the T3! For those interested, here??s a link to the Manual of Geodetic Astronomy:?ÿftp://ftp.library.noaa.gov/docs.lib/htdocs/rescu...
FWIW, The dynamic height is the geopotential number scaled by the constant normal gravity at 45 degrees latitude. You will note that using LVL_DH in a...
Thanks to Mr. Nolton for finding the digital version of the manual.?ÿ Finding it from the link he posted was a bit of bother. I ultimately obtained my...
Even balanced sights will not save you from: the NCGS has a good presentation at:?/p>
Good suggestion to check published values near project. As for the computation, why not just use LVL_DH? You can use either PID??s or height and grav...
BTW. the venerable Manual of Geodetic Leveling is available on line at:?/p> Lots of good information about many aspects of this type work.?ÿ The geode...
I always remember what Heiskanen and Moritz wrote in Physical Geodesy?ÿ Also of possible interest is the Geodetic Tool Kit item: LVL_DH. I share the ...
If you are looking at the Z-velocity reported for a CORS network point, you are not looking at a change in height. That would be the DU value. See the...
What, no mention of the need for a collimation check before starting? See:?ÿftp://ftp.ngs.noaa.gov/pub/locus/3%20Collimation%20Check%20and%20Field%20N...
While I see a number of posts presuming to divine from the ambiguous term ??reconciled? reference to performing an adjustment wherein the geoid-ell...
I do not want to discourage asking questions and otherwise participating with members of this site. If I gave the impression that I was trying to push...
Not to be confused with the NGS ??Big Red? described and pictured here:?/p>