AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 967
Reply
RE: Professor Richard H. Rapp

?ÿ His great influence is shown by the comments on his passing by many of the leading figures in worldwide geodesy. I still refer to his notes on geo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Significant Figures

@mathteacher The acceptance of hand held positions was an attempt to provide better positions for scaled benchmarks. They are consider sui generis ty...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Significant Figures

@bill-c But a bear to occupy...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Significant Figures

@john-nolton et al, As I tried to say in previous posts, the NGS datasheets show five-decimal place seconds to insure that transformations to Cartesi...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Significant Figures

@mathteacher ?ÿ In every datasheet download the first line is a link to a file describing the contents of the datasheet. The file provides this info...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Significant Figures

As clarity and traceability is always my goal, I would do as Bill93 argues. Use the published coordinates then provide a disclaimer about the accuracy...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Significant Figures

Bill93 better captured what I meant than I did. The following NGS datasheet extracts show a third-order intersection station (a courthouse spire) and...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Significant Figures

I make a point of reading XKCD and Pearls Before Swine regularly. As most people have little sense of the magnitudes represented by differences in geo...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS vs Single Baseline

Missing images Original post attempt timed out...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS vs Single Baseline

@hpalmer In your post dated 23 Sept. you asked: ƒ??...why use OPUS except to check.ƒ? Aside from supporting users with receivers but no processing s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS vs Single Baseline

My question is what did you use for your height comparison; Ellipsoid or orthometric? As for the Green Bank WVDOH operated CORS, looks like data and ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: CORS data offset problem

@dino For what itƒ??s worth, in 2012 I assigned a lab to a class I taught involving the use of automated tools and their comparisons. While dated it ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Why the Greenwich meridian moved

Mr Nolton, No trick involved. Copy the URL and paste it in your post. The magic occurs on the this siteƒ??s side.?ÿ?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Why the Greenwich meridian moved

or directly here:/p> link above is to a PDF of the article Mr Nolton mentions. It is ƒ??Open Access.ƒ??ÿ an article for the general reader is here:...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

Of course at latitude 51d 28m 38s a difference of 5.4s is over 104 meters.?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: CORS data offset problem

I am not certain what the original poster is comparing. First he indicates that he has a 15h observation data from six different CORS. Does this mean ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Four Corners

Yet another hijack... While one might wish that some things remain permanent and definitive, there is always change, better understanding. On a 2005...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BETA ƒ??Passive Mark Pageƒ? - I like it.

I finally got around to viewing the new format on my smartphone. On my Android phone, the new format displays splendidly. The standard datasheet not s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: BETA ƒ??Passive Mark Pageƒ? - I like it.

First of all, I have no involvement in this effort and no inside knowledge about it. I assume that the comprehensive ƒ??traditionalƒ? datasheet will ...

6 years ago
Page 23 / 78