AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Trimble RTX and NAD83

My reading of National Geodetic Survey, 2020: Blueprint for the Modernized NSRS, Part 1: Geometric Coordinates and Terrestrial Reference Frames, NOAA...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Residuals plot

Another example of the utility of plotting from XKCD...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Residuals plot

I could not find the post by Jim Frame but a good example of the utility of plotting data is here:?ÿ Outlier detection is greatly simplified via the...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 'Great Conjunction' 2020: NASA tips to see Jupiter and Saturn shine as a 'Christmas Star'

Snapped this with my phone (unmagnified) while waiting for my take-out order. The dot below is an incoming plane to McCarren Intƒ??l.?ÿ I consider it...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: China Sends Surveyors to Mt. Everest Due to COVID-19 Lockdown

I have not seen anything yet at the ?ÿlevel of technical detail I want. Of the many recent articles I like this best:

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculation of geographical coordinates of the destination

I commend those who look deeper into these issues. I prefer to rely on Vincenty. I provide links below to Excel implementations of his formulae, a sh...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculation of geographical coordinates of the destination

@bill93 Many of the tools in the NGS Toolkit were created by NGS employees for their and their coworkers use. In the case of Forward and Inverse (an...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS to suppress heights of monuments in Texas from Galveston, Houston to Beaumont

@blitzkriegbob You might also enjoy this 2005 article from Texas Monthly:/p> Lots of interesting papers on faulting as a possible cause as groundwat...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 1114
Reply
RE: NGS to suppress heights of monuments in Texas from Galveston, Houston to Beaumont

As Rover83 notes, subsidence is a long-standing problem in the areas mentioned in the NGS notice. I recollect discussions about this decision to ƒ??re...

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: HTDP Error

?ÿ barring my misunderstanding your post, seems to work for me...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: G'day from Down Under!

Great place to visit. Australia certainly contributes a lot to modern surveying/geodesy. I am a particular fan of Dr. Featherstone at Curtin Universit...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New NGS Leveling Projects Page tool (BETA)

I again tried loading the page under Safari on my MacBook with the same "gathering required resources" minutes-long delay. This time trying Chrome acc...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: New NGS Leveling Projects Page tool (BETA)

@bill-c I retried and still had a few minutes wait while it was ƒ??Gathering required resources.ƒ? Maybe itƒ??s my browser. I was using Safari on my...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 10
Views: 1035
Page 22 / 78