AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
fobos8
fobos8
@fobos8
Free
Joined: November 4, 2017 9:22 am
Last seen: August 22, 2026 3:17 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 135
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1736
Reply
RE: Avoiding mistakes when not traversing?

@norman-oklahoma ?ÿ Thanks Norman Up till now I always leave my backsight and foresight tripod up after shooting the control. I regularly check int...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Avoiding mistakes when not traversing?

@norman-oklahoma Norman thanks for your reply. I'd be grateful if you could expand on what errors it guards against, errors in setting up control, or...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 29
Views: 2081
Reply
RE: How to describe trees with "two or more trunks"

Thanks BushAxe Describing the total or overall diameter makes sense, but I see lots of multi-trunk trees that are just not round, they're much more l...

5 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Tips for avoiding big mistakes

my old tutor at college drummed it into me to check a tripod prism is centred before taking it down and also the check the target height before taking...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Tips for avoiding big mistakes

@firestix I remember on a survey once I measured some roof ridge heights for a topographical survey. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw in the su...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 107
Views: 3231
Reply
RE: Peanut prisms - not as accurate as Traverse prisms?

I think Party-chef has it. ?ÿ I borrowed a 17.5mm Leica offset peanut prism from a friend today. Leica does 2 peanut prisms, a Leica 0 offset and th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Peanut prisms - not as accurate as Traverse prisms?

@party-chef Thanks Party i am using ATR. It work great with the large Leica rounds with 0 (-34.4) offset. Why shouldn't it work so well?ÿ with smalle...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Peanut prisms - not as accurate as Traverse prisms?

I am using the correct offset, I've verified the target height too. Grazing rays might be the problem. Next time I'm traversing I'll stick the peanut...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Peanut prisms - not as accurate as Traverse prisms?

Both the prisms I use have Leica offsets of 0 which in the rest of the world is -34.4mm

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Peanut prisms - not as accurate as Traverse prisms?

thanks guys The offset I have in is fine. I use Leica big round prisms for traversing. I bought the peanut prism with the same offset to save switchi...

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Shooting in reflective targets - best practice

Great advise guys - thanks for posting. Love the 360 prisms, love the angle only top. ?ÿ

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Uncomfortable about getting involved in this project

Thanks again guys. It's the same as any construction job, check original control, review and proceed. Its a shame most of the original control has alr...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Uncomfortable about getting involved in this project

Good question - one I asked them. The setting out work so far has been done by the contractor. They need a 3rd party to verify the dimensions of the b...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Uncomfortable about getting involved in this project

I'd really like to check their control but they may not want to pay me to do it so.... If the contractor doesn't want me to check their control I can...

6 years ago
Page 3 / 10