AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
fobos8
fobos8
@fobos8
Free
Joined: November 4, 2017 9:22 am
Last seen: August 22, 2026 3:17 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 135
Reply
RE: Uncomfortable about getting involved in this project

Thanks guys - great advice, will take it on board.

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: What wind speeds do you work in?

one of my tripods blew over in 40mph. Fortunately it "only" has a prism on it. I've set out work in 35mph but I had the instrument set at about 4ft o...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 24
Views: 3172
Reply
RE: Land surveyors producing sectional elevations?? Is it something we do?

Hi guys I'm not referring to sections but sectional elevations. A section is all features/levels on the cut/section line. A sectional elevation is al...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Land surveyors producing sectional elevations?? Is it something we do?

Hi guys I'm not referring to sections but sectional elevations. A section is all features/levels on the cut/section line. A sectional elevation is al...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Can the legs of a traverse cross?

Hi guys I tend to survey a lot of?ÿ I survey of properties for Architects, some of them in city centres, where some sort of development is intended. ...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 44
Views: 4073
Reply
RE: Traverse with not great closure - is it a problem?

Many thanks guys for all your replies. Your right Daniel the advice is valuable and very much appreciated. stay safe and lets flatten the curve, And...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse with not great closure - is it a problem?

Hi Rover83 There were 5 legs in the traverse. So that means that 25 secs are allowed. I had 16 secs. Cheers, Andrew

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse with not great closure - is it a problem?

thanks for your reply Dave - space was tight inside the house, no chance of doing any cross ties      

7 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Known start and end stations - how to assess survey accuracy

Cheers guys?ÿ - many thanks for explaining. As you have said I'll end up adjusting my traverse not knowing if the errors/misclosure is due to my trave...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Known start and end stations - how to assess survey accuracy

Hi guys Thanks for the replies. I can't be as clever/experienced as you all because I just don't see how I can adjust or quote standard 1 in XX,000 a...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 605
Reply
RE: Staking out and how to report it

@ncsudirtman its all in Trimble Access on your handheld PC. Its produces a html file.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Staking out and how to report it

Many thanks for your replies guys. I've been setting out some structures and the tolerances are fairly tight (10mm horizontal). Would you still use th...

7 years ago
Reply
Page 4 / 10