AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
fobos8
fobos8
@fobos8
Free
Joined: November 4, 2017 9:22 am
Last seen: August 22, 2026 3:17 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 135
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

Sounds like a nice job, thanks for the reply. ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Best practise for surveying boundaries?

It's fascinating reading the posts, thanks for your comments and links to literature. My tutor from college was an old-timer, who always drummed it i...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 49
Views: 2309
Reply
RE: Trimble S7 persistent radio problems

Hi, I'm the original poster. I'm getting this problem at the start of every day for the last 4 days. I have the TS3 right beside the robot. It's happe...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 18
Views: 3172
Reply
RE: The role of GPS in surveying

Thanks guys for all your input, it's very much appreciated

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The role of GPS in surveying

Thanks for the replies guys On a lot of the jobs I do I scan the building, so I like to put in control with a total station which is then used to ver...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 15
Views: 935
Reply
RE: Setting up on a plywood deck

Thanks guys, awesome advice as usual. I might be able to put the legs on the corners of some local blockwork walls.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting up on a plywood deck

Thanks guys, I'll find somewhere else to do it or agree looser tolerances

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting up on a plywood deck

Hi Bill I'll see tomorrow when I got to the site how stable it is. The foreman (as they always do) says they want the setting out perfect, I said 6mm...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 1507
Reply
RE: New co-ordinates for old stations - should I inform Architect and project manager?

What I'd like to avoid is to have 2 sets of co-ordinates that are slightly different for the same station names. I just think it's a bad idea. A solu...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I rotate my traverse?

@nate-the-surveyor?ÿ Thanks Nate, so what you're saying is... have my own station names and co-ordinates even though they are a few mm different from...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I rotate my traverse?

I've seen resection mentioned before as a method to spot dodgy station co-ordinates. As long as the software has enough stations to calculate a solid ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I rotate my traverse?

Hi guys Many thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes, I'm in the UK. I'm not a "licensed surveyor", but studied surveying at college and have a dipl...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1766
Reply
RE: Is this a tree or a stump?

Many thanks Bill C for putting me straight, have just labelled them "Pollarded tree" on my topo and feeling very smart!

5 years ago
Page 2 / 10