AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1156
Reply
RE: I love my job

Beautiful! I've always loved the historical aspect of surveying. Sometimes I feel like an archaeologist!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Donƒ??t look now, but I think

Now that's what I call erosion! Does NGS reset monuments in this condition?

8 years ago
Reply
RE: No GPS Satellites Available

From Terminus-NC April 10, 2019 9:08 am: We just uploaded all our FC-5000 data collectors to the latest version of Magnet. We used the clear NVRAM pre...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: No GPS Satellites Available

Firmware version 4.7 HSR Mar, 07, 2018 p8

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet-Newest Version

We're having problems too. Stake Point display option to display north and east no longer available.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: No GPS Satellites Available

Topcon HiPer SR. The firmware was updated in February. I don't know the version. I forgot about the roller. I'll take your advice and search the forum...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 1263
Reply
RE: Total Station Recomendation

I use a Topcon ES-105. It's a decent instrument. It comes in 3 and 2 second accuracy models (ES-103, ES-102) as well.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Notes

I was wondering, before I posted this topic, if there was a distinction between these. I respectfully don't agree with you concerning the GNSS coordin...

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 8
Views: 733
Reply
RE: Pincushion of the Day

This sentiment is mentioned twice in this thread. I was caught up in similar circumstances years ago. I had to set property corners in a part of town ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Help creating Spreadsheet with GPS time conversion

The time algorithms source code defines two constants. One for January 6, 1980. The other for January 1, 1901. I'm unfamiliar with the significance of...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Help creating Spreadsheet with GPS time conversion

Thanks for posting this! I looked over the source code for the time algorithms. I found the lines addressing leap seconds.  

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Help creating Spreadsheet with GPS time conversion

I'm glad you posted this! I've been discussing it with a co-worker and my wife, who happens to be an expert at Excel. I'm curious, how are you going t...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: C&G DOS

Try DOSBox.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion of the Day

Wish I had a pic to share of the five different radius points I found once in a cul-de-sac.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion of the Day

I'm in Florida. I believe the FSMS has discussed pincushioning before.

8 years ago
Page 65 / 80