AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Definition of Responsible Charge

The reason I'm asking is, next year I'm going for an office position as a CAD tech. It isn't a senior CAD tech position, so I won't be in responsible ...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 2544
Reply
7 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick Codes MAGNET Field

Thanks! I found Optical Survey under the Prompts tab.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick Codes MAGNET Field

Okay. A YouTube video saved me!

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 4
Views: 617
Topic
7 years ago
Replies: 2
Views: 508
Reply
RE: Moving From Wisconsin to Colorado

No, not to rocks. These were set flush in sidewalks. Now that you mention it, they could've been just caps glued in place. Guess they wouldn't be a tr...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Moving From Wisconsin to Colorado

My family and I just returned from vacationing in Estes Park. Beautiful mountains, fresh air, and mellow people! I noticed a number of IRCs set by Van...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

Thanks for the excellent explanation! I took the list of L-Net reference stations and indicated the distances from Orlando. According to some docum...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

I found an excellent post concerning how to calculate a weighted mean atPosted by RADAR on September 23, 2016.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

This is the VRS network we use. I'm trying to learn a bunch of GPS terminology. I have 2 choices for mount points: 1. Network RTK (MRS) 2. "SBL" Singl...

7 years ago
Reply
7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

I'm in the suburbs. No room for resection. Thanks for replying!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

We're using a VRS network. After 3 sessions on each point, I can see outliers on 2 points. Those particular points are not open 100% to the sky. I bel...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

Thanks for clarifying that!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

Unfortunately we only use RTK. I always watch the H & V residuals. After 20 or 30 seconds they don't tighten up significantly. Your proposed metho...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Weighted Mean

You're right! A couple of hundredths horizontally isn't going to make a difference. I'm more concerned about vertical control. In any case, I once rea...

7 years ago
Reply
7 years ago
Page 63 / 80