AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: advice for new party chief

Congratulations! Don't depend solely on numbers. Use your eyes. If it doesn't look right, it may not be. Be aware of fatigue. Mistakes are often made ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Vacate Right-of-Way Problem

Many thanks to everyone who responded to my post!

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 2382
Reply
RE: Topographical survey - which trees to pick up

I did a tree survey for an architect once. He was going to design medians for a new subdivision according to the sizes and tree types on the site. We ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Killer Bees Attack

Sorry to hear that. I've never encountered any aggressive bees in Florida, only aggressive ground wasps. One bit me in my right eyelid. Joy!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Site/tools HELP!!!!

@z-pandolfo Any data that would indicate either a random or systematic error. You said that you were extremely new to all of this. The best way to le...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Site/tools HELP!!!!

Can you share any data with us?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

@bill93 I don't know what the work order called for. Isn't it SOP to get break line points? When I was helping the crew, there weren't any significan...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnet Field

One of the guys at work thinks the words import and export are copyrighted standard windows terminology, and Topcon couldn't use them. I think the pro...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Set Collection Bug

@kharshbarger Thank you.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

@a-harris The user has to change it back to normal, right?

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

@bstrand Those are good features.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

@dave-karoly Easier than the way I was doing it.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

@mathteacher Good read. Training is essential to run a survey smoothly.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

@back-chain I remember my first day as a rodman. I held the Philly rod upside down on the very first pavement shot. The I-man was annoyed, but the pa...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Thoughts on a Simple Topo

@lookinatchya The party chief I worked with this week set up the job and started shooting last week. His philosophy is everyone likes looking at a pr...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: MAGNET Field Set Collection Bug

@leegreen The crew I worked with this week told me the software was updated last week. Thanks, Lee.

7 years ago
Page 57 / 80