AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Legends

@allen-wrench I don't think any of the offices I've ever worked at had me edit the legends for different drawings. As you know, some legends are very...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: U.S. Survey Foot

Thanks to all for answering my questions! Sometimes people ask you questions and you think, "Um, I never really thought about that." Then you feel emb...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: U.S. Survey Foot

@jitterboogie I did consider the software aspect of number one. I was thinking about the old days when I used EDMs mounted on theodolites. No data co...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 19
Views: 1177
Reply
RE: Son-in-law wants to become a surveyor

@bstrand University of Florida Geomatics ProgramThe Geomatics program is available at three locations in the state of Florida: on the main campus in ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Monument Preservation

@oldpacer Is the flapper-sleeve thing a fence post driver?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick, Redundant, and Accurate inverts

@jitterboogie That's a deep one! I've never heard of a 30' rod before. You probably meant 30' of rod, right?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick, Redundant, and Accurate inverts

Wouldn't that be the standard error? In practice, how often would the rod placement on a pipe invert be exactly 10, 20, or 30 degrees? I think the 0 s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick, Redundant, and Accurate inverts

@vertman Shame on me for missing the twenty degree bubble! All you need to do now is to offer a perpendicular extension to measure pipe inverts in st...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The Chase

Yes, intermittently. Unfortunately, I missed that question. However, on Jeopardy! the other night there was a surveyor's question concerning the Mason...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Monument Preservation

@lurker Quite possibly. I forgot to mention the Ylang Ylang tree. Its flowers really do smell like Chanel No. 5. Please visit/p>

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 1% error from Dc measurement to field

Earth Curvature and Refraction ?ÿ

6 years ago
Reply
RE: 1% error from Dc measurement to field

You can enter barometric pressure and temperature in the FC-5000 and send them to the instrument.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Quick, Redundant, and Accurate inverts

Not bad! Please correct any part of my understanding on how this rod works. The rod is calibrated to the cosine of either the ten or thirty degree rod...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Monument Preservation

@lurker We should start a thread called "Old Survey Phraseology." A college campus is definitely a fun place for any survey activity; if you can keep...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Monument Preservation

@bill93 We are verifying and supplementing our vertical control network. We are county surveyors and are using our own network. There's an upcoming r...

6 years ago
Page 48 / 80