AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
Reply
RE: CAD Layers for Boundary and Improvement Surveys

@squirl Thanks for the link! Looks like a good read!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: CAD Layers for Boundary and Improvement Surveys

@mark-mayer Very kind of you! Thank you very much!

6 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Movies about surveyors or surveys?

A movie with no significant shots about surveying, but one scene worth mentioning is Raiders of the Lost Ark: Marion And Excavations (1981)2:06 wher...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction vs. Boundary

That must be tough to deal with from a communication standpoint. I was unaware that Hilti made total stations. In a perfect world, your site surveyors...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Construction vs. Boundary

@flga-2-2 Housing construction is certainly taking off out here in Rocket City!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@jp7191 I agree with your train of thought on this. It's as bad as watching an instrument man doubling angles and watching the numbers on the total s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Calculated or As Set, Which Do You Use On Your Plat?

@holy-cow Wouldn't common sense tell you to split it between the two tracts?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Missing the old days

I miss doing jobs like staking out new retention pond slopes because the existing ones were too steep. They told me people were afraid that their youn...

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate this

@holy-cow So, on a smaller scale, you northern surveyors must experience this monument shifting annually due to frost heaving.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: U.S. Survey Foot

@bill93 When I was using a Topcon instrument-mounted (on a Wild T16) EDM back in 1988, I had to dial a knob until a string of flashing red lights bec...

6 years ago
Page 47 / 80