Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
@holy-cow Guess I read the OP's post incorrectly. They want to determine, as in on the ground, the location of the frontage? Holy Cow + 1, Field Dog...
I want to determine the front lot line for the depicted lot. What line? It's an arc. The frontage of the lot has an arc length of 74.71'. Why is th...
"As-Built” refers to a drawing that shows the existing dimensions and conditions of a building, space, or area. I don't think "as-built" correlate...
"Set the vertical (zenith) angle, horizontal angle, instrument point coordinates, H.I. values and so on, according to the calculation to be executed."...
Shadow study side of things I'm trying to understand this. Is this a preliminary study to keep as much of a building out of the sun as possible?
Something like a LaserLine Direct ELEVATION Cut/Fill LENKER Grade Rod For Laser Level? I think that would be a good idea. There's something I think yo...
Welcome from Orlando, FL. Commercial swimming pools? What an interesting surveying niche. Are these 2D or 3D surveys?
@mathteacher Yes, absolutely.
@chris-bouffard Instances you mentioned where you've seen negative coordinates being used.
@chris-bouffard Can you share some of those instances?
Thanks everyone for your opinions.
@macheteman69 No, was thinking about working smarter.
Triordinate? Co-coordinate? From Wikipedia. A point in the plane may be represented in homogeneous coordinates by a triple (x, y, z) where x / z a...
A and B for sure.
which amounts to a value in terms of a distance or angle respectively Using a set of two northings and eastings, a distance and a direction. Using ...
Northings and eastings are values that communicate distance from their respective reference axes. Also, as far as I know, nobody uses negative valu...