AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
EdWidy
EdWidy
@edwidy
Free
Joined: January 8, 2016 8:56 pm
Last seen: September 5, 2025 7:20 pm
Topics: 5 / Replies: 18
Reply
RE: Leica GS14 backup battery.

I've had mine go bad too many times... The first time I took it to Leica and it was $700 to replace the battery. 18 months later, I had to have the mo...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Civil3d To Google Earth Label problems

I had to do that once a long time ago. Use the Express Tools - Explode Text. That will turn the text into actual linework. Simplex works best, some ot...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: "Don't ask again"

@ncsudirtman Go to the layer properties manager and click on the settings icon. In there you'll find the New Layer Notification settings, including an...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Unusual Equipment Ideas

@hi-staker How do you use those two things together?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Durability

We once had to set a benchmark for some work at a school, and my colleague wanted to use the "A" in the lettering on top of a fire hydrant across the ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: CS20 Compass

My dealer jokingly (with a hint of seriousness) said they guarantee the compass to be accurate to within 180 degrees.... so that has led me to never u...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica Infinity questions

Here are a few links that my local dealer provided to me: Hopefully you'll be able to find some helpful information here.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing Procedures for Legacy GPS Gear for Week Rollover on April 6-7

Any update on how the Leica 530's handled the rollover week? I have a job coming up where RTN with the GS14 may not be an option due to spotty cell co...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Fax

I had sequential phone numbers for the office, and I didn't want to give one of them up when we dropped our fax line. So I first ported the number ove...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN - survey on different Epoch than boadcast

Thanks for all the help everyone. My first preference was to apply a simple shift to the coordinate system so that I didn't introduce any rotation or ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN - survey on different Epoch than boadcast

MightyMoe, post: 426489, member: 700 wrote: I back in the local broadcast CORS position, I also use the vertical numbers I want, I don't know if you c...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN - survey on different Epoch than boadcast

Jim Frame, post: 426483, member: 10 wrote: What I do is export g-files for each RTN vector, then import the g-files into Star*Net and adjust. That al...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: RTN - survey on different Epoch than boadcast

So I talked to a couple of local guys, and confirmed that around here you simply have to localize to get on NAD83(2011) Epoch2010.00. Could be either...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 1246
Reply
RE: leica cs20

I just got mine last week, looking forward to getting to use it. It does come with the kind of film over the screen that's often affixed to electronic...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 2353
Reply
RE: CS15 special characters

That's it - had to scroll down using the red arrow keys. I knew there had to be an easy trick....Thanks so much for your help.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: CS15 special characters

There are options on the bottom of the screen for typing with the touchscreen or function keys, but the only special characters are * ? and /. I'm not...

10 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 1846
Reply
RE: Making your own reflective targets

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm going to pick up some targets from eBay, but use my Reflexite tape until those get here. I'll scribe a cross on ...

10 years ago
Page 1 / 2