Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
I agree that Washington should change their law as it is one of only a couple of States left that allow "legalized land theft". But the proposed chan...
No Stone Wall to FollowYes, New Yorkers can be so extravagant as to have placed both wire and stone fences along the same line.But they have stood up ...
Well I don't know if it's socialists, fascists, or what. But the fact is that in order to lower closing costs to make homes more affordable for low i...
Keith,They did that already, years ago. Hence the rise of the dreaded "mortgage inspection" service. Which of course was still too expensive, hence ...
Arizona CaseThanks James, I hope it is a trend that most jurisdictions will continue. Seems reasonable that parties should be able to bargain on this...
Some LinksFor what it's worth, I can't remember having read a case where one of these has held up under court scrutiny where a licensed professional w...
Okay, so what if the contract said 50 feet or 100 feet or 300 feet from the section corner? And then what if the following course ended somewhere nea...
While that's a good post JB, as well as the quotes Mike posted, they are both off point IMHO.What was posted is a description beginning 30' from a sec...
A couple of controlling rules on description interpretation are that the description can only be interpreted objectively, as a whole, in light of the ...
No, the issue is that if you share it with anyone else it's not privileged between yourself and your attorney. But this seems weird to me. I don't r...
Wow, that's a good deal. I have a parcel in Montague County, Texas I'd like to subdivide and sell to retireeees. Here is the description, could you ...
In my neck of the woods it's vacation parcels. A subdivision called "Hollywood Hills" is my favorite. One of the parcels has got to have a record fo...
Do they really bother documenting subdivisions of less than 100,000 acres in the great state of texas?Seems strange, unless they wanted to create anot...
Well, whatever the "rules" the purpose is to find out how the system might be expected to perform. The goal is to replicate the conditions that will ...
Punt.Collection agency.Publicize the name so the rest of us don't get burnt.Get it up front next time.Work for someone else and let them worry about i...
Bigger.
Could be a federal racketeering charge would wake them up.Civil suits are not going to cut it on these things. Part of the reason for licensing is to...