AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: More on Adverse Possession

I know, me too. I do know of an interesting case involving AP and a cave. I'll see if I can find it and post it. Essentially, a tourist attraction ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: More on Adverse Possession

Larry,Is this an inquiry from an actual client, or do you just have the form down pat after all these years (the unanswerable question):)Dear potentia...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Ways an attempted conveyance can fail

Yes. The better way probably is to convey to yourself a life interest with parcel going to 3 year old on two conditions subsequent. First your death,...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Ways an attempted conveyance can fail

Both parties have to be legal people. A corporation is a legal person, but a 15 year old of flesh and blood usually is not. The conveyance fails. T...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: What are all the ways real property can change hands?

Pretty good start. Other observations:Eminent Domain is the theory but does not transfer. Condemnation transfers.If no will then inheritance. If wil...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Highlighting in AutoCAD 2010

Probably there's a better way, but I do the following.Create a layer called highlight and assign color yellow.Using the highlight layer draw pline of ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: survey trivia

to Loyal and all othersMoe,You are really sick. It's called geodosystictosis. But you are in luck. It can be cured with a local coordinate system flu...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Steven Gardner

That's terrible news. My condolences to the family. I enjoyed his contributions to the site.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Another "ethics" question

Well, if you know how to do everything under the particular professional umbrella, it probably needs to be part of another profession rather than sepe...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Friggin truck.

Sounds like a leaking head gasket. I had a similar problem once and by the time I figured it out the engine was shot from the coolant getting into th...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics question

Adam,I always assume the previous surveyor was very good and professional. In fact I try to stress that agreeing with a previous survey should be the...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you complete this survey ?

Of course an opinion can't be rendered on the lines without performing the survey. If I were retained to give an opinion I certainly would. The situ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Confused area...wording on a map.

AREA OF CONFLICTING DEEDSMaybe it's just that New Yorkers are contentious, they want me to give them an opinion on the location of the boundary line. ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics question

That's a prevailing thought, to get the same surveyor who is familiar with the area. The problem is the client may get the same wrong answer over and...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics question

Good and correct post! A surveyors opinion and data are proprietary information, the map produced for a client is the property of the client. You ne...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Confused area...wording on a map.

AREA OF CONFLICTING DEEDSYes, resolving the ambiguity is what surveyors get paid for. If I followed JB's advice my clients would not have to pay me, ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Confused area...wording on a map.

FLSAll our tax maps say that by way of the general note "not to be used for survey purposes", or something like that. "Areas of confusion" that the m...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Setbacks on plats vs current zoning...Case Law?

I think that would apply to unsold lots, but after they have been sold they would be grandfathered. I could be wrong though.

15 years ago
Page 83 / 97