AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Confused area...wording on a map.

Generally you need to show the parties the problem and why a boundary line agreement is desirable. I would show my opinion in bold and the others in ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Setbacks on plats vs current zoning...Case Law?

Usually the municipality would grant a variance for a grandfathered lot. Otherwise they have purchased the lots, and they don't want to pay for that....

15 years ago
Reply
RE: license application

You're already an lsit. You were accepted based on application info but you passed the test. The error as you describe it is not material to your st...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: iPad Surveying Apps

This one looks useful to me.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Maine Acquiescence article

Yeah, that's kind of a mixed bag. Surveyors for large tracts and important people were the best educated people around. But they had troops of axe m...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you settle? TTT

That's what I thought. But now that you've been paid and cleared the lien (you have cleared haven't you) there can't be any damages shown. So you're ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: IS FEMA WRONG?

That's nice of them to put one on the downstream side, I actually have not seen that before. In the past they would allow one to use the BFE at the u...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Theomat Wild T1000 ~ Info Needed

What Carl said. I still use the box on the right. We always called them Semi-total station. That thing on the top is the distomat and shoots infrar...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Using your title as a surveyor

As Jared mentioned, you need to list the State or State's you're licensed in. You're a professional surveyor anywhere you go (even overseas), but you...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Maine Acquiescence article

Well, there's an awful lot of holes in that fairy tail in my view. But whatever it takes to convince the surveyor to hold the wall in that example is...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: The Pincushion Effect by Jeff Lucas...

The most important thing probably is the ability to shepardize (lexus) or keycite (westlaw). Kind of important to know if the point of law you are re...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: There used to be Islands in the river

1) Yes2) John does own a large chunk of what used to be river bottom between the islands and the road. Great example of how testimony has some truth ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: The Pincushion Effect by Jeff Lucas...

"which tells me there is not a body of law specifically addressing this issue."Sure there is. But, point taken; and held.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: The Pincushion Effect by Jeff Lucas...

Well, all writing is like that. That's why there's value in a mentor or teacher to enable the student to get the most out of a writing. I agree his ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin Cushion

Exactly! The most unmentioned and arguably the most important evidence is historical evidence. When formulating these rules we have to keep in mind ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Pin Cushion

Notes on a map should be of a clarifying nature. I have no idea what the note means. If I were a map reviewer I would not accept the map no matter wh...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: State R/W and corner destruction

I agree, it would be much too costly any other way. My only complaint is the very limited circumstance I mentioned above, where known marks on privat...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: State R/W and corner destruction

Same in our area of NY as others have mentioned. The project does not require determination of parcel side lines to a retracement standard. However,...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you settle?

That's what I thought, and so you should be very careful. If in fact you don't have a legal right to file this lien (the recorders usually have no id...

15 years ago
Page 84 / 97