AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: New utility easements

I would use plan and production sheets (I think it is called in landdesktop/c3d). So, you file one map but it has many page numbers with break lines....

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Judge Rules Gate Across Historic Road to be Removed

If you look at one of the other linked articles you find that they didn't take the settlement because of bad information given by their attorney and p...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Cost to provide a previous survey

I guess I'm interpreting your question different than everyone else.What I hear you asking is if you should provide the electronic file of a survey pr...

15 years ago
Reply
15 years ago
Reply
RE: Research Project -- Need Serious input

The State specific exams should only contain State specific legal questions. Otherwise, there's no need for the differing license in each State. Math...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: We all know this ..... Adverse usage up to a fence is

SOP. If there's any use up to the alleged agreed line you add an AP claim. Because if the Judge decides not enough evidence for agreement then the u...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: What is an office surveyor?

If you can't tell from what has been provided when you need to visit the site and when you don't, then you probably are not qualified to be an office ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal standing of easement only shown on an unrecorded plat

between the original parties it was a legal easement. It is not protected by the recording statutes though. I would not want to insert it into the r...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Results Of Surveyor Poll - Non Traditional Students Lead

I'm not too surprised at the number for experience only. People in other professions keep telling me that the "majority" of licensed surveyors don't ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Does Being A Non-Traditional Survey Student Matter ?

I don't think so. In individual applicant cases I think the surveyor members are given their rightful leading role in the decision process. But it is...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanning by Surveying equipment dealer?

Why? Construction work has no such requirement. Just sayin. Make a case for only surveyors being allowed to use the technology. It's a tough sell f...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanning by Surveying equipment dealer?

Sure, but doesn't everyone have to learn the new technology from the manufacturer or their representatives? Some of whom are not surveyors I'm sure. ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Scanning by Surveying equipment dealer?

Is there an opinion involved that requires analysis of competing information?No, I don't think it's surveying without a license. Surveyors are never ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: LAND SURVEYING CURRICULUM

SURVEY ENGINEERING CURRICULUMHi DAW,Give us a hint. What direction do the engineers think we should move in? Are we to be their support personell on...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: LAND SURVEYING CURRICULUM

Ralph, Happy new year to you as well! I'm a bit socially challenged as you might have noticed (especially on the keyboard).I agree with what you say ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: LAND SURVEYING CURRICULUM

Ralph,I'm only seeing about 15 credits of boundary stuff out of the total 120+- needed? In NY the engineers are arguing that land boundaries are the ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is the line?

The question answers itself. To paraphrase, a point was set "online" 12 years ago. There is no intent for a bend in this line per the contract or ma...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How is one survey better than another?

I disagree most strenuously!True enough. I keep forgetting that some are stuck in the past. The commodity type of survey has disappeared and won't b...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Trying to explain traverse adjustment

I'm with you JB. Seems to me the better the closure, the more justified the adjustment. If the closure is within the range of your equipment and pro...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: confusing old calls

Certainly a reasonable concern. Good luck with it.

15 years ago
Page 79 / 97