AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Metes and bounds inside a house

;-)Some of us might have a moral or ethical problem offering advice that it seems may be used in an attempt to use the legal system as a hammer. Not ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Most Difficult Retracements

Yes, that's what I'm thinking. Once the boss is out of site we mount up and tie the chain to a tail and a bridle. Mark and move, mark and move. The...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion monuments

Pincushion monuments> Whoa NellieNot really, they have been doing that for centuries. Much of the east has had laws requiring fencing the boundary...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Most Difficult Retracements

That's interesting the handles were normally included in the measurement. I can imagine them breaking and being replaced with a length of rawhide or ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion monuments

drifted offOkay, then let's try this question. What exactly does the policy make you do that you otherwise would not do? As far as I can tell, all i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Most Difficult Retracements

Just guessing, but the chains I've seen have differing types of handles and construction of links. If the chain itself was the correct length, but th...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion monuments

seems okay to meI'm with Perry. The policy is not confusing to those who actually know how to determine a land boundary. You should be concerned abo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Ebay Auction ... (Maybe Stolen)

In addition, while it is in a correct category, it does not list the date of manufacture, so does not fall under the ebay capitol investment fraud pro...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Parcel areas

Colonial State ManualNot to be outdone by the PLSSia."Geodasia: or the Art of Surveying and Measuring of Land, Made EASIE. ...Showing how to lay out ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: State License

This is the best compilation I've come across; dated 2011:

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics Poll, What would you do?

I always show adjoining deed references (not all current owners, I don't garauntee title).If it's not clear I would probably show the deed reference o...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Lawyer introducing confusion, who has seen this

It might be required in your jurisdiction. There's a difference of opinion in the courts on whether one can transfer an easement benefiting third par...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NYS town road abandonment

Good point on the description JB. The current high court in NY would probably say the description goes to the center. Lower courts are a toss up. B...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: NYS town road abandonment

Unless the Town actually had title there would be no reversion, just a relinquishment of the public easement. Private easements that pre-existed the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Locating Energy Vortexes

I don't know, but I did delineate and map a senescent pond once. Everyone thinks it's haunted now.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Revolutionary War Veterans Land Bounty

The state archives in Albany are the best source for land patents. For the most part, soldiers had to sell their claims for pennies on the dollar to ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS baseline and meridian question

Your code is clear; reject them without the required information. Code reading basics:"Shall" means must, not can if you want."original" means first,...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Sequential conveyance

Yes, that is the case that gives the misconception, based on the reporters summation and its repitition by text books. My interpretation is different...

13 years ago
Page 60 / 97