AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Barbed wire

1939So you have some bounds calls that could be interpreted as taking in the area? That would certainly be important. Do acreages favor one or anoth...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Barbed wire

1939I notice also a completely clear portion that looks suspiciously similar to the difference between two sets of monuments you show in one of the ot...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: One for 'Fornia viewers

Thanks for the cite Dave. I'll have to read it, sounds interesting. If there's a road and beach of same name, did the public use it for many years b...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Barbed wire

Three wire is typical in NY as well. And no, it didn't work all that well. From my great-grandfathers diary "...Studor's cow broke the wire and into...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: One for 'Fornia viewers

Of course the problem is that a meander line definition is tied to a grant from the federal government of lands owned by the federal government. In t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Simultaneous or sequential...

Works the same way in NY and many other states.To elaborate a bit. Some folks have tried to get around this by for instance putting each lot in a dif...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Simultaneous or sequential...

Generally, I consider these a retracement in which the lots were individually surveyed as they were sold. So, I would place them by evidence of origi...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Odd bearing description in an old deed

I notice a decimal point as well. I wonder if it didn't hit exactly on an even quarter they wrote the decimal part? Were there instruments available...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Best undergrad program in surveying?

You might ask a large company or agency which program they would recommend. They may have hired from several. You can't really ask for specifics due...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Actual Surveying Experience ?

"It appears that NCEES wants the profession to conform to what it can readily test..."Legal principles related to boundary determination can be readil...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence Calls

Between you, me, and the fence post; I don't really have any problem with that description. Unfortunately, the reality I have seen in all parts of th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence Calls

I wouldn't mention the fence unless it was intended to be the boundary. And I would be careful making any such distinction of "along" v "with" no mat...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: A Licensing Metaphor

"There are many takes on the "redefinition of Land Surveying" but I have to say that 75% of the comments in Surveyor Connect are opposed to expanding ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting pin cushion

PUrchased StarNet this year, didn't have it 5 years ago.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Salary Negotiation - Please Advise

If you're newly licensed this is probably a good opportunity to learn on someone else's dime. Obviously they are treating it as temporary (no health ...

12 years ago
Page 48 / 97